The DNA Results are in!!

Dex

So I know in general not much credit is given to DNA tests, but when it was on sale for $30 I couldn't help myself!! I had Codex's done. I'll start with photos of her, and the results are at the end of the post!

From the front:

Two jumping photos:

Side view:

PUPPY!

For size comparison:

Flipping, because it's cool:

Being adorable:

RESULTS!

So yea.......

I know her mother was for sure an Aussie, so they got half right. Also, no pictures of her were submitted with the test. They also noted with the results that for the PCA clusters, her DNA fell exactly where they'd expect an F1 cross of Aussie/TFT to be, and her particular spot was on the Aussie's cluster line. So while she's exactly what they'd expect for a cross like that, she falls closer to the Aussie side than the TFT side (DNA wise).

Xandra

That's not a bad guess, I suppose? The aussie part is pretty straightforward. Toy fox terrier works, doesn't it?

Interesting!!

She's very pretty :)

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
I would have said maybe a hint of Rat Terrier versus Toy Fox Terrier, so that doesn't seem too far fetched to me!

Dex

That's not a bad guess, I suppose? The aussie part is pretty straightforward. Toy fox terrier works, doesn't it?

Interesting!!

She's very pretty :)
Thanks!

I would have said maybe a hint of Rat Terrier versus Toy Fox Terrier, so that doesn't seem too far fetched to me!
You know, looking back at this thread that I made in 2/2013... Chaz was right on with terrier in the mix!! You guys are the only group that guessed terrier... and you were right! I'm impressed :)

PS - I have updated litter mate pictures that I will post later! I'm also fostering Dex's sister right now, so if anyone wants an awesome Aussie/TFT mix send them my way!

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Interesting! Probably one of the more accurate looking results I've seen. I've always wanted to do a test on Happy just purely out of curiosity (rescue called her border collie x sheltie), if they were cheap!

She's a pretty girl!

Dex

Interesting! Probably one of the more accurate looking results I've seen. I've always wanted to do a test on Happy just purely out of curiosity (rescue called her border collie x sheltie), if they were cheap!

She's a pretty girl!

I waited until I found a good deal on it to do it. The original $80 price tag was a no go, but I ended up paying $30 for mine at a Pet Expo!

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
Codex is so similar looking to Ozzy that I'm actually not surprised. Ozzy is a confirmed Jack Russell/Australian Shepherd cross.

Ozfozz

Highbread Dingbat
Those are probably the most accurate looking results I've seen!

I do suspect that they search up your info combined with the dogs name online. I'm sure that something will come up, especially for dogs with more unique names.

Like Rigby's could have totally been accurate based on the pictures you can find online. Except, she photographs a lot larger than she really is (only 27lbs whereas the results pointed to a dog that was likely closer to 60+lbs)

BostonBanker

Well shoot, now I want to do Gusto. I am going to have to keep my eyes open for sales. I recently got a very different story than I'd originally been told about where he came from, so I suspect he is an F1 cross of something.

Maybe I should submit his DNA with Meg's name, so if they do search for me, they see her pictures ;).

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Well shoot, now I want to do Gusto. I am going to have to keep my eyes open for sales. I recently got a very different story than I'd originally been told about where he came from, so I suspect he is an F1 cross of something.
I wanna know!!!

Yeah I would totally buy aussie x terrier for Codex.

Members online

No members online now.