Pea size bump (looks like puss) on my dogs leg

fwed

I found this pimple like bump under my dogs leg, does anyone know what it might be? I searched online and read about Lipoma but most of the pics I see are very large lumps, this is more like a pea size bump that looks to be filled with puss like a pimple.

Kilter

Pop it?

LOL At least I'd be tempted to, then wash the area well or apply polysporin.

And yes, my dogs hate me sometimes.

It looks like a pimple, so likely an infected bite or something like that. Or who knows, something in her system that's coming out her skin there (like an infection).

If you don't want to pop it, apply a hot compress and keep the area clean and keep an eye on things, if it gets worse or anything bring her to the vet.

Brattina88

sebaceous cyst? I had a friend who took her dog to the vet for a similar-looking thing and thats what it was. They popped it and that was the end of it

fwed

Ok, so no one seems overly concerned about it and Fred is acting normal, doesn't seem to be in pain. I don't want to pop it because I don't really know what it is, I'll probably just monitor it, his annual vet visit is in December.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Pop it! Lucy had a couple of those on her back - I finally got brave and squeezed them and eeeewwww there was SO MUCH stuff inside it. But that was that, they were gone and never came back.

fwed

I finally tried to pop it with a needle that i soaked in alcohol to sterizile. THe whole thing didn't pop like I expected, I made a few small holes in it where i was able to squeeze some blood out but that was it. No puss or anything and the bump is still there, not sure if it will be smaller tomorrow or not. Was there supposed to be a lot of puss or is it normal to only see blood? I didn't aggressively poke at it, I was very timid and nervous.

Anyway, I think I'm going to take him to the vet this weekend to get it checked out. The whole time during the procedure though freddie was really calm and didn't seem like he was in pain at all.

yoko

Sounds like maybe A cyst where the gunk in there has kinda hardened up?

If its not bugging the dog is just keep an eye on it for a while. If you want to take to the vet they could probably remove it pretty quick.

my dog have something really similar to that.
Did you take your dog to the vet? what was it?
when was out could you see if it was something a bit had?

thank you

Cinnamon had a couple of those, we took her to the Vet and she told us not to worry it was just old age, she was about 9 1/2- 10 years old when the pimples showed up. I don't remember if they were filled with puss . They were pimples similar to that though. Although I think it's best for you to take your dog to the Vet and make sure it isn't anything serious.

Members online