Monthly Subscription Boxes Other Than BarkBox?

xpaeanx

I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience with any of the other monthly subscription boxes out there?

So far I'm really liking BarkBox and when our subscription ends, I def think I will be renewing..... But I have one box and two dogs... I think they (and by they I mean me) would each like their own box to surprise them every month. If I did decide to get them each their own box, I think I'd like a different company so I don't end up with treats overlapping the two.

So, what other boxes have you gotten? And what did you think about them? :)

amberdyan

I just order my first "treat a dog" box because the first box is 50% off ($14) and I've heard good stuff about it, so we'll see out that goes! The only complaint I've heard so far is that the plan auto-renews so if you don't want it again, you have to go in and click "unsubscribe." Easy to do, but also easy to forget, lol.

A friend of mine got Bugsy box for her lab and was super unimpressed with it. She said it was almost entirely treats, one toy that her dog did like, but it was fairly inexpensive (I think retail was $6 or something close) and "dog calming spray" made of essential oils that you rub on your dog. She canceled after the first box though, so who knows if she just got a rogue mediocre box, lol.

xpaeanx

Let me know what you think of your treat a dog box! Did you only get one or did you order a few months?

I think most of the subscription type things auto renew. It is kind of annoying and I wish there were one of those boxes that you could click or not click when you subscribe vs having to go in after and cancel the auto subscription.

That sucks about your friend's experience. To be honest, I was very unimpressed with my first BarkBox and still am. LOL. The next one however was my favorite! And I think my favorite part is the "ooooooohhhh what are we getting this month!" The toys and treats are being used and actually the monster from the Jan box is currently the 2nd favorite toy we have. :) If the Bugsy Box is mostly treats though that might be good to know for dogs that aren't terribly into toys?

And I finally have a non-destroying toy obsessed dog.... And it's awesome! :-D Although now I've gotten a toy addiction myself. Haha.

amberdyan

I didn't think about a treat-centric box being a good thing, lol! Hugo is toy-obsessed so I'm in for a box that has at least 1-2 quality toys each time. I agree... it's mostly for myself though. He'll chase rocks and sticks and pinecones but I really like getting a box each month, lol. I ordered just one month because that's the only way to get it for half off, but if I like it I'm going buy a three month subscription. I'll let you know what I get!

xpaeanx

So I just checked them out and I would def be interested to see what you get! I might even do the $14 box myself. LOL.

But paying for subscription will have to wait a bit still since you have to pay it all up front.

And yeah, I'm really having a lot a lot of fun with the boxes. I don't go to stores much so I would only ever have a few toys and treats that I happened to add onto an amazon order or from going to a dog thing. Now I have a box overflowing with dog stuff that I pull from. It's great! Granted not everything in my box if from the subscription but it definitely helps bulk it up. hahaha.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
Personally, I recommend shopping at Chewy lol. The dogs ALWAYS get something extra thrown in there because I always get free shipping with my autoship food. So I usually go on there and browse their cheaper toys/bedding/puzzle toys/treats, and throw at LEAST one to three things in the cart, because I budget for both food and spending money on toys for them every month. :p

xpaeanx

I actually already do that. In fact, there are currently 2 toys and a bag of treats sitting in my next Autoship order patiently waiting for their shipment date to come around.

The thing with the monthly boxes is the surprise factor. You didn't pick out these toys, you have no idea what's coming and then the box comes and you run to open it like a little kid at Christmas. Haha. And what they send gets used, so it works out well. :)

Ordering toys monthly is probably the more economical way to go.... It's just very anticlimactic. LOL.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
I actually already do that. In fact, there are currently 2 toys and a bag of treats sitting in my next Autoship order patiently waiting for their shipment date to come around.

The thing with the monthly boxes is the surprise factor. You didn't pick out these toys, you have no idea what's coming and then the box comes and you run to open it like a little kid at Christmas. Haha. And what they send gets used, so it works out well. :)

Ordering toys monthly is probably the more economical way to go.... It's just very anticlimactic. LOL.
LOL, I get it! Yeah, it does sound exciting. I think I've got to hold off on a "surprise box" for the dogs until they invent one that's made for Malinois lol.

xpaeanx

So I found another subscription box that $18/month with no commitment and if you use the link below the first month is only $5. It's called Pet Gift Box.

Link: https://gr3f.co/c/78/kGQwo

I have one ordered for March, so I will happily post what I get and my over all impression of the box. I ordered the medium size for the Muffin Monster. :)

Also, I just ordered the Treat A Dog with the 50% off the Amber was talking about making it $15 for the month. I'll likely cancel these two after the first month and then wait until I graduate and buy a longer subscription, or maybe I'll keep the Pet Gift Box because it's billed monthly at $18 not $100+ up front. We'll see, but I'm really excited! :D

ETA: oooops. It's actually only $5 off not $5.

PPS: I found the first box for $5 code! It's BALL, it appears to be good until the 31st.

Last edited:

xpaeanx

No prob! :) I'm actually really excited and hope the Pet Gift Box works out. Their pricing structure is much more conducive to my income structure at the moment. Haha.

Members online

No members online now.