Anybody want a kitty?

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
An orange, male, sweet, one eyed, FeLV positive kitty?

His owner passed away due to lung cancer and he was surrendered to the rescue that works with my work. We test all of the rescue kitties for FeLV/FIV before anything else and this guy tested positive. But he is such a handsome boy, is in good health otherwise, and he's so sweet. He couldn't stay at work and he couldn't go to a foster home in the rescue (whose foster families house multiple cats), so our only option was going to be euthanasia. I couldn't let that happen without at least trying to find him a home...so he's coming back to my apartment with me likely tomorrow pending if the rescue coordinaters decision about whether or not to euthanize.

I can't keep him past spring as I'll be moving in with Mike...but I'm hoping to find him a home by then.

Anyone interested? :) I'll get pictures of him when I know for sure he's coming home with me. His current name is Mickey, but I'm either going to call him One Eye Willie or Captain Jack. Lol

Upendi&Mina

Mainstreme Elitist
Aww, I can't have a cat. I'll ask around to see if anyone I know might be interested in him though, I have such a soft spot for orange cats.

Snark

Mutts to you
We have house cats so can't take him (wish we could, I do like orange kitties). I hope the rescue coordinators let him live. I also vote for Captain Jack as his new name!

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
Aww hope you find him a home soon. I'd love to take him, but still gotta get my own kitty back first and I'm dead set on my next cat being a Bengal.

*blackrose

Pretty sure he will be coming home with me Saturday after work. :) And he is FIV positive, not FeLV. Same difference, though. He's otherwise healthy, just needs a tooth removed (and the rest cleaned) and his missing eye socket needs to be reshaped to stop some mild discharge.

I'll update tomorrow with pictures!

*blackrose

He just *may* be going home with one of the vets. ^^ Doubt it, but she keeps saying she wants a cat so she was considering giving him a trial run this weekend. If her husband says no (very likely), he'll be coming home with me Saturday.

This kitty is such a good kitty. We vaccinated him and microchipped him and he just purred and purred and purred the entire time - didn't even flinch when we chipped him. We introduced him to a Yorkie (who I think was more scared than he was LOL) and he just sniffed noses, then laid down and continued to purr. My kind of kitty.

Members online