What movies have you seen recently?

teacuptiger

floor dancer
Have you read the book? I just finished it and the trailer makes the movie look very different...
Nope. But from what I'm hearing, it is different than the book. First of all, they aged Jonas to 16 instead of 12 (because the love interest would be more believable than if he stayed 12). However, I still thought it was pretty good just as a movie. I mean, I'm sure there's a bunch of stuff I'm missing having not read the book, but there weren't like... giant gaps of information that aren't there- atleast from what I can tell.

Stingr69

Papillon Fan
Saw "Boyhood" Friday night. Very well done.

Saw "Snowpiercer" a few weeks ago. Good movie if you like that sort of thing. I know it was supposed to be strange but I thought it was not really strange enough.

-Mark.

Equinox

Really wish there was something good to watch in theaters right now! Might go see Guardians of the Galaxy because Chris Pratt. Also, can it be October yet so I can watch The Interview?

Finally saw divergent. Actually wasn't bad, other than it was divergent.
Yeah, my thoughts on it exactly. I think I was already prepared for the awfulness and how little it would make sense because of the books, so basically anything short of Twilight-movie-quality would have impressed me immensely.

Shailene Woodley is ALMOST as annoying as Tris' narration in the books, but not quite. Also, it's a little hilarious that two of the other guys in that movie (the guy who hates her and the guy who's her brother) are her romantic counterparts in other movies.

Lyzelle

BeAu and I saw Lucy last weekend for our anniversary. It was pretty amazing.

Because Scarlett. Does it need anymore reasons?

(I keep saying it was basically a Black Widow movie. But really it isn't.)

Fran27

Really wish there was something good to watch in theaters right now! Might go see Guardians of the Galaxy because Chris Pratt. Also, can it be October yet so I can watch The Interview?

Yeah, my thoughts on it exactly. I think I was already prepared for the awfulness and how little it would make sense because of the books, so basically anything short of Twilight-movie-quality would have impressed me immensely.

Shailene Woodley is ALMOST as annoying as Tris' narration in the books, but not quite. Also, it's a little hilarious that two of the other guys in that movie (the guy who hates her and the guy who's her brother) are her romantic counterparts in other movies.
Yeah there's nothing I want to see in the theaters right now. Except Guardians of the Galaxy but I've already seen it, lol. Everything else is getting pretty bad reviews too.

I actually got the audiobook of Divergent and I loved the narrator. Shailene Woodley was a letdown compared to her. Still liked the movie though.

Equinox

Yeah there's nothing I want to see in the theaters right now. Except Guardians of the Galaxy but I've already seen it, lol. Everything else is getting pretty bad reviews too.

I actually got the audiobook of Divergent and I loved the narrator. Shailene Woodley was a letdown compared to her. Still liked the movie though.
Did you like Guardians of the Galaxy? Might try to go see it with a friend this coming week - I'm not a big superhero movie buff, but I've enjoyed all of them as entertainment so I figure it's worth seeing either way!

TBH Shailene Woodley is just not a versatile actress, and I'm not a fan of any of the movies she's been in. But yeah, as critical as I can be, I watch movies for entertainment, not to hand out awards :D

Equinox

Been working a lot from home, which means that I end up watching a lot of movies and TV shows lol

How To Train Your Dragon 2 is finally available at 1080p...watched it again and yeah, just as amazing as the first 3 times I watched it in theaters :p Gorgeous movie with a great score. It's not the "classic" that the first movie was, and I do feel like it was largely setting up for the third installment, but I actually found the second more entertaining.

Also rewatched Maleficent now that it's available and, well, I'm still mostly disappointed that it's not the almost "dark" film I thought it'd be from the trailers.

What else? I've watched Divergent and The Fault In Our Stars, as I've mentioned, and both are almost bearable considering what the books were. Reaffirms that Shailene Woodley is why we can't have nice things. I really thought the film style of TFIOS was cute, and the boy did a good job with his character, but the dialogue, the main character, and the story were cringey.

Only Lovers Left Alive is a really excellent movie with a great soundtrack and feel.

I also finally watched Captain America 1 and 2 for the first time a few weeks ago. The first was boring but the second was fantastic.

Oh, and I did watch The Giver. As a standalone movie it was okay - yes, it was cliche and predictable, but it was also pretty with some nice moments. Very typical of the romantic dystopian movies for teens niche that is being milked for all it's worth :p Nothing at all like the book.

Fran27

Finally got to see Only Lovers Left Alive, and I wasn't disappointed! Good movie. Totally reaffirms my crush on Tom Hiddleston, obviously.

Saw The Winter Soldier again, still as good, even the kids liked it.

Nothing else I really want to see, except Maleficient whenever it shows up to rent.

Fran27

Bump!

Finally got to see Maleficent (had to drive 5 miles each way to find a Redbox that had it). I liked it. I was expecting something more though, the end was a bit of a letdown... not 'epic' enough I guess. The kids liked it too, even though they complained that it was too scary a couple times. Cannot get over Angelina Jolie's cheekbones... it's just not natural.

Went to see Interstellar and Big Hero 6 too. Liked both, although they were both a bit too predictable for my taste.

Now waiting for Mockingjay and the last Hobbit.

Members online

No members online now.