Chaz Moms and Moms-to-Be Chat (everyone welcome)

Congrats, MM!!! Winnie isn't adjusting as week as I had hoped. I'm hoping she will get better as time goes.

I got spayed last Monday, no more babies for us unless we decide to adopt down the road. I have to be honest, in relieved, but I'm also sick of being sore, and I really wish it would heal faster!!! Today we're packing to move. Zephyr and I needed a lunch break, though.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Congratulations!!!! Babies! I want more already ha.

Love that photo!! I simply cannot feed laying down. Think my boobs are too big! They just make my nipples inaccessible!!!!

7???!!!!! How!!!

Ivy is 2 months old!!!! Crazy bear. She's been making lots of new steps and it makes her tired and cranky, but we've just got back to sleeping well again. She only woke once last two nights.... Don't want to jinx it though!! She's currently snoring her head off in the sling. Naps are the new thing we are aiming for!!

HayleyMarie

Like a bat outa' hell
Congratulations!!!! Babies! I want more already ha.

Love that photo!! I simply cannot feed laying down. Think my boobs are too big! They just make my nipples inaccessible!!!!

7???!!!!! How!!!

Ivy is 2 months old!!!! Crazy bear. She's been making lots of new steps and it makes her tired and cranky, but we've just got back to sleeping well again. She only woke once last two nights.... Don't want to jinx it though!! She's currently snoring her head off in the sling. Naps are the new thing we are aiming for!!

My goodness Dizzy, she is so freaking cute. Gimme!!! I can't Wait to have babies!!

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
My babies turned 7 today. Where did the time go?
Happy birthdays :D Time really does fly :D

And congrats, MM.

I'm lurker extraordinaire these days but I have been reading the thread.

Hannah is 7 1/2 and attemps to add a 2nd haven't panned out so she's going to be our one and only :) I'm ok with it.

Hard to believe she's in second grade! Here is a picture from our learning fair last week. There is no baby left in that face. Definitely all KID now and she's missing three teeth lol and a 4th is coming soon and NO adult teeth in sight :rofl1:

HayleyMarie

Like a bat outa' hell
What prenatal vitamins do you take or planning on taking. TTC is only about 5 months away so I need to start thinking about that stuff. I have no idea where to start. And how soon so you think I should start taking them?

joce

I was prescribed one and took a separate folic acid starting six months prior to trying(I think? Been a while lol!) just go to your dr and they prescribe the huge prenatal that's not otc.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
What prenatal vitamins do you take or planning on taking. TTC is only about 5 months away so I need to start thinking about that stuff. I have no idea where to start. And how soon so you think I should start taking them?
I was about ready to ask this question. Great minds think alike!

I was told by someone that the Flinstone chewables work as a prenatal vitamin???? Does anyone know if this is a factual claim? I love Flinstone vitamins.

joce

I would say no. I would think the amount for a child would be less than an adult? Mine are giant horse pills.

And again folic acid is the most import thing. If you have a family hx of any birth defects you want the higher dose 1mg or just double up is what my dr told me.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
I alternate between my Alive Women's Multi Gummies and a Rainbow Light Prenatal One because the iron in the One is a little too much for my stomach. I'm switching to Rainbow Light's other prenatal that i can split into several times/day once I finish this bottle.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
My regular vitamins (and the Flinstones, too, believe it or not!) have 400mcg Folic Acid in them. That is the recommended amount for TTC, I believe? I know that will change as I become pregnant and the pregnancy progresses, but for now, can I just keep taking what I'm taking?

(The prenatal version of the vitamin I'm taking now - the One a Day brand - has 800mcg of Folic Acid. It also has 150% the daily value of iron, and as I like to eat iron rich foods anyway, that worries me a bit for purely a "let's take this even before TTC happens" option.)

Grab

I never took prescription prenatals (the doctor said the otc ones were fine). I just doubled the Flintstones chewable dose.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
I also just doubled up on Flintstone vitamins. My prescription ones were RIDICUOUSLY expensive and I didn't have insurance at the time and OB said Flintstone vitamins were just fine to take in place of the prescribed ones

Torch

We want to have a baby so bad. Hopefully we will conceive soon. We have been trying for about six months now.

I know that's nothing, but we've waited so long to start a family.

i know the prescription vitamins are ridiculously expensive, but flintstone vitamins? I know not everyone has the same dietary opinions I do, but my vitamins should not have hydrogenated soy or castor oil. They should not have aspertame, red, yellow or blue dyes among other things. I don't care how small the quantities. If I'm doing something that is supposed to be "good" for me, why add stuff that isn't?

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
i know the prescription vitamins are ridiculously expensive, but flintstone vitamins? I know not everyone has the same dietary opinions I do, but my vitamins should not have hydrogenated soy or castor oil. They should not have aspertame, red, yellow or blue dyes among other things. I don't care how small the quantities. If I'm doing something that is supposed to be "good" for me, why add stuff that isn't?
Same here LOL - My midwife said the most important thing is the folic acid, but I wanted a vitamin that had calcium and vitamin D and I liked the fatty acids and digestive enzymes in the Rainbow Light, too.

Members online

No members online now.