C-BARQ behavior assessment

katielou

Slave to the Aussie
Abe got a red flag in stranger directed fear and touch sensitivity which I would say is somewhat correct and was for sure correct a year ago.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Juno got a double red flag in stranger-directed fear. Obviously! Although it would have been interesting if they had asked specifically about male/female strangers, because it's really only men she has an issue with.

And a single red flag in attachment/attention-seeking. Again.... obviously!

Gold stars in everything else.

Ugghhh don't even think I want to attempt the other two. I view Juno as my problem child but she really doesn't have as many issues as the others lol.

DenoLo

Lucy got a double red flag in stranger directed fear, and single flags in chasing, touch sensitivity, and attention seeking which is definitely accurate.

Lo got a flag for attention seeking

Flyinsbt

This is fun! I did Pirate. He got red flagged in chasing, which surprises me honestly, since I think most dogs, and especially most Staffords, would tend to chase little fuzzy things if they can. And the miscellaneous items (chewing, food stealing, begging, marking with urine), but I don't think those are fair.

What I find really interesting is that in their averages for Staffords, in both the dog aggression related subscales, the Staffords came out lower in dog aggression than in dogs of all breeds. And they have 185 Staffords, so that's enough to be significant.

What huh? Maybe more people are taking the test whose dogs have issues? Or maybe it's because it's because the Staffords are unlikely to be fearful or anxious about other dogs, just sometimes they don't like them?

Intriguing! I'm going to do Tess now, she'll have more red flags.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
Indy only got one red flag in excitability. Off to do the other two that are over six months old.

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
Iz was gold stars except for a red flag in chasing as compared to her breed and mounting as compared to everything because I put sometimes to humping my leg lol.

Flyinsbt

Well, Tess wasn't so bad. She got red flagged in dog aggression/fear, and double red flagged in chasing. She's really not that bad with other dogs, but she is dog reactive when on leash, so it's a fair flag. Hmm, and she's a food stealer too, I wonder how that came about.

:rofl1:

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
Ozzy got red flags in

-----------------
Stranger directed aggression
excitability
and barking.

He got a double red flag in dog directed aggression/fear.

I'm surprised he didn't get one in chasing, but he didn't.

Enzo got one red flag in energy. Because it's significantly lower than the average for her breed I guess. Everything else she scored perfectly for.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Ozzy got red flags in

-----------------
Stranger directed aggression
excitability
and barking.

He got a double red flag in dog directed aggression/fear.

I'm surprised he didn't get one in chasing, but he didn't.

Enzo got one red flag in energy. Because it's significantly lower than the average for her breed I guess. Everything else she scored perfectly for.
Because Enzo IS perfect.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
I've apparently previously done Rosey, she got gold stars for everything except red flags for begging (pfft, like she had to BEG to get food..) and Grooming others (wut?).

OwnedByBCs

Will Creep For Sheep
Here's Fiona's- just because she went first, and because it was long I probably won't do it again LOL

I'm not entirely surprised at the trainability part- she is so well behaved and biddable but not the sharpest BC in the flock, LOL.

OwnedByBCs

Will Creep For Sheep
How did you get such a low score for chasing? Tess got 4 for chasing, is that really so high?
I don't even remember most of the chasing part, but Fiona doesn't chase her tail or chase lights/shadows/etc. which is all I remember about that section.

Flyinsbt

I don't even remember most of the chasing part, but Fiona doesn't chase her tail or chase lights/shadows/etc. which is all I remember about that section.
I think the chasing section was about chasing cats, birds, etc. The tail chasing and light chasing are separate, in the "miscellaneous" section. Tess doesn't do any of that, but she'll chase anything small and fuzzy.

OwnedByBCs

Will Creep For Sheep
I think the chasing section was about chasing cats, birds, etc. The tail chasing and light chasing are separate, in the "miscellaneous" section. Tess doesn't do any of that, but she'll chase anything small and fuzzy.
Oh yeah. Fiona will chase a bunny a little bit, but as soon as she gets too far away from me she will stop, and I can always call her off a bunny. She won't chase birds either. Oddly, I consider her more abnormal in that category... all of my dogs chase stuff except for her... So, I don't know.

Flyinsbt

Oh yeah. Fiona will chase a bunny a little bit, but as soon as she gets too far away from me she will stop, and I can always call her off a bunny. She won't chase birds either. Oddly, I consider her more abnormal in that category... all of my dogs chase stuff except for her... So, I don't know.
I tend to think of the BCs as being chasers, since it's part of the herding behavior, though of course more controlled than my wackazoids. I've always been glad that mine are so unsubtle about chasing, because it makes it hard for them to catch anything.

Tully, who was actually my most prey driven and the most successful at catching things, I could call off of prey. I called her off a bunny once, and another time, when I said "okay" to let her out of the car, it turned out she'd actually been staring at a cat in the yard, and I'd just given her the okay to get it. That time, she called off from a few feet away from catching it, and I was pretty proud of her recall.

Upendi&Mina

Mainstreme Elitist
Cara got red flags for separation related problems (but only within other aussies, not across all breeds), excitability, and attachment/attention seeking she got a double red flag. :eek:

PlottMom

The Littlest Hound
Hmmm Rage gets DOUBLE red flags for owner-directed aggression (just my fiancé, clearly), familiar dog aggression, chasing (she's a hunting dog, isn't that the point...?), and non social fear. 1 red flag for trainability & seperation related problems (she whines & howls when she can see we're doing the "both humans are leaving the house at the same time" rituals...). Also red flags for escaping/roaming, rolling, and hyperactivity.

Why does this test make my dog seem like such a douche? I adore my dog & think she's really fun lol she doesn't escape & roam - I take her on off-leash hikes all the time!

ETA: apparently she's the only Plott, because I didn't get a side-by-side comparison :(

milos_mommy

This was hard for me to take. Because...90% of the time, if a stranger approaches, Milo's super excited and happy to see them, but then once in a while he'll act fearful and WILL bite if the person doesn't back off. And like...sometimes he's fine with the cats, sometimes he chases and wants to play, and sometimes he chases and wants to kill and eat. A lot of his behavior really, really varies.

He got red flags in everything EXCEPT:

Trainability
Owner-directed aggression
Separation
Excitability

He got double-red flags in:

Attention seeking/attachment
Shadow-chasing
Barking
Self-grooming

I think that's actually pretty accurate, if I look at it as red flags being stuff that is sometimes a problem, and double reds as things that are always/usually a problem.

Members online

No members online now.