I'm a BAD mom...

showpug

For not realizing that Norman (wolfhound x mastiff) puppy ate two soft animal toys!! I am usually so good at making sure he doesn't get a hold of the pugs' soft animal toys. Three weeks ago I noticed that our new puppy's frogger toy (a little fabric frog) was mysteriously missing from her crate. Thinking that someone stole it and it probably ended up under the couch I didn't think more about it. Yesterday, three weeks later Norman pukes up frogger! :eek: In full form to boot! Not a limb missing or a rip in his fur. So, I stuck frogger in the wash and he's back to normal! THEN, this morning I got up only to find another puked up victim in his crate, only this time it was the pugs' fabric dog toy :eek: So, no more fabric toys laying loose around the house. After witnessing so many intestinal blockage removal surgeries I am SO LUCKY as these things would have been perfect for intestinal lodging! Dogs :rolleyes:

I'm soooo sorry . . . . I'm sitting here giggling . . . . I shouldn't, but it is funny, especially to me with these two grrrrrls . . . I've pulled 'things' that hadn't quite exited properly from the other end of Shiva on a few occasions . . .

We don't do stuffed toys, for obvious reasons lol! If they want something furry they can go out and catch it ;)

Athe

I would be counting my pugs each night if I were you...haha :D
I would just chalk it up as an experience and just hope Norman doesn't decide to go on to different items.

When I worked at a local Vet clinic we had one Lab that was notorious for eating the owners thong underwear (I don't know if it was a preference or if thats all she wore). The Lab underwent one surgery for one mass thong feeding frenzy...then a few other times we kept the dog at the clinic and helped them pass naturally. My fav's were the yellow with the happy face... :) . The poor owner had to be very careful in the throes of passion to remember to pick up her undies as soon as possible before her dog snuck in and took them. haha
It's amazing the things dogs can get down their throats.

showpug

Renee750il said:
I'm soooo sorry . . . . I'm sitting here giggling . . . . I shouldn't, but it is funny, especially to me with these two grrrrrls . . . I've pulled 'things' that hadn't quite exited properly from the other end of Shiva on a few occasions . . .

We don't do stuffed toys, for obvious reasons lol! If they want something furry they can go out and catch it ;)
I usually don't allow stuffed toys either or toys that have inserted squeakers because they can really reak havoc. That is why I usually buy these ones at the dog shows. They have no stuffing in them and they have a removable sqeaker that I take out and throw away. The pugs just suckle them like they are nursing and use them to fall asleep, but NORMAN obviously has a different agenda on where they should live. I am sure he was thinking "watch this you pugs!." Anyway, no more cute fuzzy pug sucklers for our house :(

showpug

Athe said:
I would just chalk it up as an experience and just hope Norman doesn't decide to go on to different items.

When I worked at a local Vet clinic we had one Lab that was notorious for eating the owners thong underwear (I don't know if it was a preference or if thats all she wore). The Lab underwent one surgery for one mass thong feeding frenzy...then a few other times we kept the dog at the clinic and helped them pass naturally. My fav's were the yellow with the happy face... :) . The poor owner had to be very careful in the throes of passion to remember to pick up her undies as soon as possible before her dog snuck in and took them. haha
ROFL!!! That story is too funny! Labs are so notorious! How embarrassing if you were that dogs owner!

Dreeza

oh wow, thankfully nothing serious happened! that image is pretty funny, lol

oakley has pooped out plastic bits of bright green frisbee...that was rather amusing...

he has also puked up string, and other unidentifiable objects...still cannot figure when/how he got ahold of that....he also tends to eat his own hair while being brushed, and i have to pull out wads of nasty matted, slobbery hair from his mouth...

oh, and one time, he was ripping out the stuffing of a stuffed toy, and started choking/gagging, and i realized...it had gotten caught around his big teeth, and he tried swallowing it, so it was stuck in his throat...i pulled out like 4 inches of stuffing...it was scary

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
One time we had those mini reese peanut butter cups with the tinfoil wrapping and he must have stolen some when we weren't looking and one day Brian took him out for his morning poop and Teddy was having a hell of a time. i guess he was grunting and everything lol and then out came the pieces of tin foil :O

Tobysmom

Toby will eat anything. I have to keep a careful eye on his bedding in his crate. He like to de-fluff things and eat the fluff.

LorriF

Puppy Whipped!!!
Athe said:

LMAO! I honestly don't know how I would face the vet if that were MY dog :p ACK!

LorriF

Puppy Whipped!!!
Tobysmom said:
Toby will eat anything. I have to keep a careful eye on his bedding in his crate. He like to de-fluff things and eat the fluff.
Jake likes fluff too. I used to think he was so cute, laying there trying to take the fluff out of his toy.....until I realized he was disembowelling it!

Tobysmom said:
ROFLMAO! I kept re-reading that and looking at Toby's photos, and all I could think about was Toby trying to take the fluff out of his bedding and make himself a full-body toupee with it :D

He is just SOOOOO cute. I've seen a couple of Cresteds before, but they weren't cute like Toby is. He's adorable.

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
I remember one occassion when my golden retriever, Tigger, ate an entire spool of sewing thread. Swallowed it whole. We didn't know about it until I saw a string hanging out of the corner of her mouth. Naturally, I grabbed it and pulled. The thread kept coming...and coming...and coming. LoL, Tigger was sitting there as calm as can be while yards and yards of thread come winding out of her mouth....like those clowns who pull paper chains out of their mouth.

Colby likes to tear apart stuffed toys and play in the stuffing. She doesn't do it very often because she's knows she's not supposed to. A couple of years ago though she tore the face off of a stuffed cat....so now it has no nose or mouth.

Ash47

Taco Dog
Roxy likes to rip up and eat toilet paper. When I notice I haven't seen her for a few minutes, I go looking near the restrooms and there she is with the roll between her paws and usually a piece of the toilet paper stuck to her wet nose. During this time, she is looking up at me with the biggest of eyes. I laugh inside but have to act mad on the outside.
Spud and Precious can not stand for something to be in one piece. Everything must be in more than 2 pieces or the world will not continue turning. So, we will go outside and bring an old sheet with us. Give Spud one side and Precious the other. Voila- Doggy Tug Of War. Once they have ripped up enough pieces... we declare the winner, pick up the pieces, and come back in. :)

Members online