Sunflower Cluster 2014 - Who's coming?!

Saeleofu

April 3-7 at the Kansas Coliseum!

I know at least a couple of you are going! Who's going, and what are you doing?

Here's my plan:

Thursday - Logan only, not competing
  • Set up obedience crates
  • Watch a friend compete in Kansas Toy Dog Club rally

Friday - Logan Only
  • Lure Coursing (CAT) 1st Run (as early as possible!)
  • Beginner Novice A Obedience
  • Lure Coursing (CAT) 2nd Run (in the afternoon)
  • B Match (Conformation) - Tentative
  • C Match (Obedience) - Even more tentative

Saturday - Both Dogs!
  • Lure Coursing (CAT) - Gavroche and Logan (early morning)
  • Beginner Novice A Obedience - Logan Only
  • C Match (Obedience) - Potentially both dogs, but VERY tentative
  • BARN HUNT! (Fun Test) - Both dogs, but ESPECIALLY Gavroche!

Sunday - Logan Only
  • Beginner Novice A Obedience
  • Pack up and leave as early as possible so I can leave for Garden City!

Of course there's going to be some shopping in there, too. I ALWAYS get at least one fox tail for the dogs at the cluster because they're cheap and I don't have to pay shipping lol

momto8

Us!

We are driving down Thursday.
Assisting with CAT Friday, then Rally and coming back to help with CAT.
Confirmation on Saturday morning, then all 3 of mine are entered in the LC trial.
Confirmation on Sunday, and all 3 of mine are entered in the LC trial.

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
We're coming!

Thursday
driving down, getting set up at the hotel

Friday
CAT tests x2 (Kaylee and Rocket)

Saturday
CAT test x1 (Kaylee and Rocket)
..... and a surprise. :popcorn:

Saeleofu

Day 1 is over!

Logan got 2 CAT legs, and 1st place in obedience BN! He got a 188.5, and would have had a 190.5 if I hadn't screwed up. Not bad for a dog I wasn't even going to enter because I didn't think he was ready!

I didn't stay for the matches, because obedience wasn't over until 4:30 and I still had to go course, and when I checked before I left at 6:00 they were still doing group judging in conformation. Um. NOPE. At that rate I'd have been there until 10pm. NOPENOPENOPE.

I caught up with Momto8 and Courtney today, I'm DETERMINED to catch Leah tomorrow! Obedience took FOREVERRRRR (ring time was supposed to be 10:45) so I had to course way way after everyone else. Good thing my dog knows how to course, because he sure didn't get to watch anyone else (that didn't stop him from letting everyone know he was SO READY!!!!!! to run lmao).

I doubt I'll do the matches tomorrow, either. I just hope everything gets done in time for Barn Hunt, and I can course at the correct time.

Pics later! Though I don't think I even have nay pics of Chazzers. I do have a lot of pics of a super nice smoothie bitch in Rally. <3 her! Don't check my car if she goes missing!

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
Congrats again!

I wish we could have met up today, but the dog show gods had other plans. Tomorrow we'll be there at about 2:15pm, but I'll let you know if that changes.

And you HAVE to come by and meet a certain someone. Required. Mandatory. ;)

Saeleofu

Congrats again!

I wish we could have met up today, but the dog show gods had other plans. Tomorrow we'll be there at about 2:15pm, but I'll let you know if that changes.

And you HAVE to come by and meet a certain someone. Required. Mandatory. ;)
YES.

Also why don't I ever get super late start time when I go out of town?! I always feel like I'm wasting the hotel when I check out at 7am lol

momto8

Day 1 is over!

Logan got 2 CAT legs, and 1st place in obedience BN! He got a 188.5, and would have had a 190.5 if I hadn't screwed up. Not bad for a dog I wasn't even going to enter because I didn't think he was ready!

I didn't stay for the matches, because obedience wasn't over until 4:30 and I still had to go course, and when I checked before I left at 6:00 they were still doing group judging in conformation. Um. NOPE. At that rate I'd have been there until 10pm. NOPENOPENOPE.

I caught up with Momto8 and Courtney today, I'm DETERMINED to catch Leah tomorrow! Obedience took FOREVERRRRR (ring time was supposed to be 10:45) so I had to course way way after everyone else. Good thing my dog knows how to course, because he sure didn't get to watch anyone else (that didn't stop him from letting everyone know he was SO READY!!!!!! to run lmao).

I doubt I'll do the matches tomorrow, either. I just hope everything gets done in time for Barn Hunt, and I can course at the correct time.

Pics later! Though I don't think I even have nay pics of Chazzers. I do have a lot of pics of a super nice smoothie bitch in Rally. <3 her! Don't check my car if she goes missing!
Was so great to meet you! Congrats again on obedience!! your boy ran great!!

Saeleofu

Another CAT leg for Logan, and one for Gavroche!

Logan got 1st place in obedience again with a score of 194, woooo! :D

And Barn Hunt...

Surprisingly, Logan was all over that rat. It got his interest and there was no getting his attention off of it. He didn't do the tunnel, but we can work on that. If it had been a real trial, he would have qualified!

Gavroche loved the tunnel and jumping all over the straw bales, but wasn't interested in the rat. He did sniff the right tube, but it was just a glancing sniff, so I didn't call it. He got distracted by the judge's stopwatch :rolleyes: But he had fun! I might try him again if there's another one near us.

Tomorrow is JUST obedience. I'm beat :p I'm very pleased with Logan's performance, though. I totally didn't expect him to be this good in obedience! We've only worked on it a little bit, with 2 classes over the last 3 weeks and nothing for...2 years? before that.

Members online

No members online now.