Boo is missing

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
Maybe your mom could make a couple of large signs to let people know Boo's been found. We did that with our cat and got a few calls from people who appreciated knowing there was a happy ending to our search.
This is a really good idea, if she has the time/resources! I've seen this done a few times as well.

PlottMom

The Littlest Hound
SOOO HAPPY FOR YOU! I've been watching the thread I just never post, like ever... thank goodness she's home, that is my worst nightmare!

CaliTerp07

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Side note, I tutor a boy in your neighborhood, apparently. I was driving to his house yesterday and saw your fliers all over. I had no idea we were so close.

GoingNowhere

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Side note, I tutor a boy in your neighborhood, apparently. I was driving to his house yesterday and saw your fliers all over. I had no idea we were so close.
haha, I wouldn't be surprised. We did put the flyers in a few mile radius, but I wouldn't be surprised at all. I went to school from 3rd grade on in either Springfield or Alexandria, despite the fact that there are other schools closer to my area. If you petition the school board you can go to an IB high school in Alexandria rather than a closer AP based school. Likewise, when I was going through school, a middle school in Alexandria had the closest honors/GT program and an elementary school in Springfield was the same.

Glad you saw the flyers though- it means they served their purpose.

An update on Boo - she is at the vet's again today. My mom can't carry her to the car and back by herself, so my brother has had to help her before and after he gets off work, so boo has spent the day at the vet. The vet said that Boo had improved more than she had expected in just a day (mentally/overall physique) - but she hadn't yet dealt with the bandages, so I'll hear about that later, I'm sure.

She was walking today on leash at the vet clinic, so that's a great sign. I'm going home again soon to see her. :) :)

The vet suspects that she was grazed by a car. According to my mom, the vet said that she had contusions on her chest and that her legs look like she was hit and then slid along the asphalt.

She was wary and out of it last night. She was apparently quite "on alert" and they couldn't get her to pee outside (whether this is because she was weirded out being held up via a sling, whether she was just so dehydrated that she absorbed all the water she drank, or whether she was nervous being back outside, I don't know). My family couldn't get her to eat her regular meal last night, so she had a small dinner of treats and cheese instead. This morning she did eat a half a cup of kibble and more was given to the vet to feed her during the day.

I am hoping to see the photo that the woman that found her took of her, so I can see her injuries. I'm just so relieved that she's at home and will be okay!

GoingNowhere

Second day home and she's standing/hobbling!

These pictures make my heart flutter. My brother says that she is more alert this evening and seems to recognize home more. He said he carried her from the car to the backyard and she headed straight for the back door.

Sit Stay

Not a Border Collie
Sooo happy to see that Boo made it home! What a lucky, lucky girl. I'm so glad her injuries aren't worse, and hope she heals up quickly.

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
Oh my gosh I'm crying! I'm sooo happy for you! I was so worried about her! I couldn't imagine being in your shoes. 9 (10?) days is a long time. I'm so glad you guys kept your hopes up and didn't give up on her. So so so glad she's home!

Members online

No members online now.