Harnesses?

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Rosey has a sore neck, so I'm looking at ways of alleviating any tension from her neck.

I'm looking at harnesses. What I'm looking for, though, is something that is not a step-in, but goes on easy. Maybe something that you stick her head through, and then it buckles around her chest? I don't know if I'm explaining that well at all, though LOL

Good companies to look at? Preferably something that's not ridiculously expensive.

Maybe it'd just be easier to make my own...

JacksonsMom

I love the Ezydog harness I just bought for Jackson. It's SO easy (similar to Hurtta, but I couldn't get the Hurtta harnesses to fit him right). Not the ezydog with the chest plate... but the other one. Also, the ComfortFlex Sport Harness is another super easy one.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Thanks guys! I'm looking into them :D I *really* like this part from one of the Hurtta (that's as far as I've gotten thus far...) harnesses, though.

they are especially recommended for dogs with back and neck problems. When the dog pulls on the leash, the close-fitting harness distributes pressure evenly across the chest, preventing damages to the dog’s vertebrae. Thanks to the wide padding and ergonomic design, the harness is comfortable and does not cause wear on the dog’s fur or skin. Easy and quick to put on, both dog and owner will get accustomed to the harness in no time.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
I am a total Premier SureFit snob, thanks to Megan. I love them, and have multiple colors. Will be ordering multiple more colors when puppy gets here. <3

Flyinsbt

JacksonsMom

I am a total Premier SureFit snob, thanks to Megan. I love them, and have multiple colors. Will be ordering multiple more colors when puppy gets here. <3
I still want to get one of these! I like having all different types of harnesses, for different occasions, and I think this one would be our perfect "get dirty" harness. Plus I have such a hard time fitting him, so I think it would be great in that department.

I'm also one who likes to have different colors... Lol... I just got Jackson his Ezydog harness in brown and I surprisingly really like the color against his coat, plus it matches his tan leather harness well. But now I want a red one to go with his red Kong collar. hahaha

Seconded! They're usually free shipping on clean run too.
I third comfortflex! Absolutely love Abby's and Yeah check out clean run we got ours free shipping I believe...

I also have a julius k9 for Twister and like it but it's mad expensive for the bigger dogs(yay for having a small dog!)

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
Keep in mind that the ComfortFlex and Julius K9 harnesses have a straight across front which may limit foreleg extension. Our chiro recommends only using harnesses with a Y front to avoid shoulder issues.

My fav Y front harnesses are, in no particular order:

- Hurtta: Neoprene lining is soft but doesn't tangle fur or rub, and seems to dry quickly. The sizing can be a bit weird though - go by the girth measurement first!

- Alpine Outfitters Urban Trail Harness: super cushy with fleece lining. Custom fit or adjustable options available. Lots of colors. This was Maggie's and I'll probably get one for Kes or Aeri in the future. It is fleece, though, so takes longer to dry if it gets wet.

- WWW Freedom Harness: It's a no pull but it is SUPER easy to take on and off since it has buckles on both sides of the dog - no threading the chest strap through the girth strap after putting it on the dog if you want to avoid having to put feet into the harness. This is the harness Aeri wore on our walk with the girls in November.

I've been eyeing the Walkeez and SureFit harnesses as well, but don't have any direct experience with either, though my friends with each swear by them!

GoingNowhere

Boo has one of these:

http://wiggleswagswhiskers.com/No-Pull-Harness/

It may not be quite what you're looking for, but it is very easy to put on (slide over the head and buckle on both sides).

Boo doesn't typically wear it as a "no pull" harness (in which a special leash attaches to D rings on both the front and back) - rather, I just attach the leash to the D-ring on her back like a normal harness.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
I'm a big fan of the WWW Freedom harness as well.

Right now Merlin rocks an easy walk. I don't love it.. but I get them for around nothing at the store where I work and I needed something sturdier than a collar.

I'm also one who likes to have different colors... Lol... I just got Jackson his Ezydog harness in brown and I surprisingly really like the color against his coat, plus it matches his tan leather harness well. But now I want a red one to go with his red Kong collar. hahaha
Now I want one of these. I need to stop looking at these threads.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Thanks guys! So far, I think I'm really liking the WWW freedom and the Hurtta harness for ease of use/every day walks.

I'm also liking the Julius K9 as a secondary harness for the mobility bonuses/handle (for longer trips if needed), though...

Members online

No members online now.