Any guesses?

Kieber has grown well beyond the weight of a Chi (11lbs at 9 months) and the vet thinks he will max out at about 16lbs. He has shown some herding tendencies (low crawl and circle around the goats and keep them in a bunch) and also loves to climb things. He also is a heavy chewer and loves to retrieve/carry things.

It is hard to get good pics, since he is in constant motion. :eek:

[/url]DSCN2060 by PapaGhede, on Flickr[/IMG]
[/url]DSCN2061 by PapaGhede, on Flickr[/IMG]
[/url]DSCN2062 by PapaGhede, on Flickr[/IMG]
[/url]DSCN2063 by PapaGhede, on Flickr[/IMG]

Barb04

Super Moderator
I don't know a lot about the breed but have read they can be big too.

My friend has a yorkie from a breeder whose parents are small, but he turned out to be a 15 lb. yorkie.

MicksMom

I don't know a lot about the breed but have read they can be big too...
What Barb said. I've seen a few Chis over the years who were bigger than the standard. I'd think Chi mix is a good guess for Kieber. Maybe with either Manchester Terrier or Min Pin (of course that depends on how popular those breeds are in the area). Funny, in the third picture, he reminds me of an over sized, smooth coated Russian Toy Terrier. But they're really rare in the States, so I don't think that's it at all.

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/moscowtoyterrier.htm

I have never seen a min pin here, but its possible. Several people have told me he has a "corgi look" to him, do you see it? I don't really care what he is, more curious then anything.

Would love to figure out why he's so hard to train. He's almost failed two training classes and no one I know can get "through" to him. I swear he's feral.

Sekah

The Monster.
I have never seen a min pin here, but its possible. Several people have told me he has a "corgi look" to him, do you see it? I don't really care what he is, more curious then anything.

Would love to figure out why he's so hard to train. He's almost failed two training classes and no one I know can get "through" to him. I swear he's feral.
Some individuals are just harder nuts to crack, and some trainers are better than others.

I'd probably just refer to him as a chi mix.

MicksMom

I have never seen a min pin here, but its possible. Several people have told me he has a "corgi look" to him, do you see it?...
Probably because he appears to have a longish back. But I've seen plenty of Chihuahuas with long backs. Like Sekah said, I'd just go with Chi mix for a breed. It seems to be the best guess.

Pops2

old fashioned Chihuahuas were bigger about 8-12# so the size is about right. OTH I think your vet is bat poop crazy. toy dogs are usually full adult size by 9 months same with terriers that are only a little bigger.

Members online

No members online now.