pissed off

poeluvr

o puppy pre school will be great, i'll look into that, right now all he ahs is the cat wich he loves to restle with, but sometimes the cats ruff, and so i think hes learning to be rough from him maybe

keyodie

Keyozilla
I think he'll grow out of it. He's just a puppy, he probably will stop after a while. My dog would do wierd things when he was a puppy but he doesn't do them anymore.

mom2two

Dog park growler

My goodness, some people are strange. You are doing the right thing with introduction and socializing your puppy.

I made a terrible mistake with my first bichon (who is a runt and the size of a small toy poodle) of not socializing her to a lot of people, she was introduced to a select few and she is loving beyond all get out with them. She adjusts rather quickly to new people in her life. But when I first got her, I was told no kids for me, and I did not let many new people hold her (she is now 5) when we got our second Bichon I did the exact opposite and had people hold him and really pet him and introduced him to lots of people all the time. He is an occasional growler (at like bikes and odd things until he can sniff them out.)

Keep doing the introduction and socialization to new people and situations, that is how to teach the little guy. I think you are doing a great thing for your little guy!

siemens716

Richie1234 said:
yeah, there are some people that are...stupid... You obviously didn't like him calling your dog mean. He was ignorant, you have to ignore those people.
I'm sure the guy did not mean to insult you. And just because some kids around and says' he seems like a mean little feller" doesn't mean he is stupid or ignorant.

Nothing to get upset about.

Swiftwind

Harley & Abby
I'm sorry, I don't really have any tips to offer as I have the same problem with my Chihuahua. She thinks she owns the whole world, and that it is her duty to protect her territory. On her walks she keeps an eye out for dogs, and checks every house gate to see if there is a dog at home. She has always been like this, even though she's come across so many dogs in her short life, she's never going to grow out of it. However, she has become a bit better. Everytime she barks or tries to pull over to a dog I tell her no and try and face her the other way (which does help her to stop barking). It's hard with a small dog because every other dog that we come across is bigger than Abby so we have no other option but to pick her up (which I think increases her fealing of dominance over the other dog), but seriously if she was to get into a fight (which did happen once, but luckily the other dogs were kind of smallish) she'd get squashed so it's better to be safe than sorry, in my opinion.

I've had people say all kinds of things about Abby when they see her barking in this aggressive way, but they are usually just jokes because of her size. What some people do which annoys me greatly is when Abby is aggressively barking at someone's dogs, and I am trying my best to sort the situation out and take her away from the dogs, and then the owner of the dogs comes over in our direction so it makes everything worse! I don't think they realise that it just makes a bigger problem if their dogs are closer! :rolleyes: But the thing is, Abby gets on SO well with my other dog.

Just keep taking your dog to puppy school, and she should learn to interact better with the other puppies there.

poeluvr

yea luckily hes small so its not a big deal for a lot of people, with his bark thou i cant imagine how scary hed be if he was bigger
thats what sucks about having a big dog society seems to need big dogs, t be big teddy bears around people and with one bark people may be nastier, while if their littl it is usually just comical

Members online

No members online now.