Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 07-30-2015, 03:08 PM
Bored Now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancerandrara View Post
Lauren, I guess I didn't give up yet on having a dog here- but I just feel like everything absolutely continues to go wrong with my adoption attempts. I don't know what this is supposed to mean. And thinking about it more, I'd really like to just have a house, a big backyard, a doggy door, and the dogs can just have free reign and pee in the yard whenever they want... obviously a super ideal situation, but I just keep getting the feeling that this hotel-apartment isn't the end of the dog problems. .__. This apartment is only temporary too- I will be 100% moving out into my own home in a couple years, when house prices start going down a bit.
I don't think it means anything other than that you haven't found the right dog yet. I fell in love with my foster, but she wasn't a good fit. I'm still upset that I gave her up. It sucked. I wanted to keep her forever, and she felt the same. She was such an easy dog.

I inquired with several other breeders, no response, no response, and then the one who responded was an asshat to me. I stopped looking at Dobermans and inquired with Moxie Collies. I ended up basically on the wait list for a Collie puppy, and my breeder called me out of nowhere saying Sizzle referred her to me, and she had a girl puppy who needed a home at 12wks. Everything just felt right, and I was certain about my decision. She's also the best dog I've ever lived with. Once things were right, it all fell into place. The wait sucked, though.
Old 07-30-2015, 10:07 PM
Love is 4 legged word

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacuptiger View Post
I put her in a situation I shouldn't have. I misjudged the situation, thinking she would be okay. She wasn't. I should have known better. Luckily no one was hurt, because I reacted fast enough.

I think it's just a long line of people from before I adopted her who have failed her (including the shelter) and I'm the last person on the list. I should have known. And I didnt. I failed her.
You were certainly the best person for Roxie.You didn't fail her, and you never have. You tried your best to with her, and that's what is important. You put so much time, and dedication into her, so much more than most people would ever do. Please don't beat yourself up over this.

~Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.-Albert Einstein~

Jazzy 6 y/o. Siberian

Nika 10 m/o. Siberian

Old Yesterday, 02:03 AM
Fiona and two crazy poops

As pinkspore offers me a potentially perfect sports dog from a friend for my situation who is an ACD mix, and it dawns upon me a few minutes after receiving the message that my dang apartment has ACD's and ACD mixes on the restricted breeds list.

Which makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, because Border Collies and Malinois are ALLOWED. (LOL...)

My apartment policy has the craziest breeds that are restricted- some of the weirdest include Salukis, Afghan Hounds, Keeshonds (?!?!), Elkhounds (?!?!?!), Foxhounds (?!??!?!?!?!?!), and Australian Cattle Dogs.

Lancer & Rara
Lancer - Aussie
Rara - MAS
Fiona - human

Old Yesterday, 06:02 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by noludoru View Post
I don't think it means anything other than that you haven't found the right dog yet. I fell in love with my foster, but she wasn't a good fit. I'm still upset that I gave her up. It sucked. I wanted to keep her forever, and she felt the same. She was such an easy dog.

I inquired with several other breeders, no response, no response, and then the one who responded was an asshat to me. I stopped looking at Dobermans and inquired with Moxie Collies. I ended up basically on the wait list for a Collie puppy, and my breeder called me out of nowhere saying Sizzle referred her to me, and she had a girl puppy who needed a home at 12wks. Everything just felt right, and I was certain about my decision. She's also the best dog I've ever lived with. Once things were right, it all fell into place. The wait sucked, though.
I read this last night and obviously had just enough to drink that written word became hard for me to understand. I thought the "my breeder called me..." bit referred back to Moxie Collies, and not the dobe breeder, so when I saw your pictures of Starbucks, I was super confused for a minute. Then i realized i just am terrible at reading for comprehension.

Peco,
Male Lacy Game Dog
June 2003 - Feb. 2012

Hudson,
Male black & white English Shepherd
August 27th 2012

Blog - http://thedogreviews.blogspot.com/
Old Yesterday, 07:52 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacuptiger View Post
I put her in a situation I shouldn't have. I misjudged the situation, thinking she would be okay. She wasn't. I should have known better. Luckily no one was hurt, because I reacted fast enough.

I think it's just a long line of people from before I adopted her who have failed her (including the shelter) and I'm the last person on the list. I should have known. And I didnt. I failed her.

I can't imagine what you are going through. **hugs** Please don't beat yourself up.

A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song. - Chinese Proverb

The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too." - Samuel Butler
Old Yesterday, 08:34 PM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancerandrara View Post
As pinkspore offers me a potentially perfect sports dog from a friend for my situation who is an ACD mix, and it dawns upon me a few minutes after receiving the message that my dang apartment has ACD's and ACD mixes on the restricted breeds list.

Which makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, because Border Collies and Malinois are ALLOWED. (LOL...)

My apartment policy has the craziest breeds that are restricted- some of the weirdest include Salukis, Afghan Hounds, Keeshonds (?!?!), Elkhounds (?!?!?!), Foxhounds (?!??!?!?!?!?!), and Australian Cattle Dogs.
They aren't super uncommon to be on breed bans. Dog and human aggression can sadly be common.

Iggy 2007 Chesapeake Bay Retriever :: Harlow 2010 Boxer ::
Rider 2012 ACD/BCx :: Tulsa 2014 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
https://www.facebook.com/trailingcattle
Old Today, 01:39 AM
Bat Ears Only

I'm dogsitting for a couple of cattledogs I adore. I have a cattledog foster. I have a Brisbane. After a busy day I wanted to get all four some running time so we quietly crept into the park and played ball in the tennis court by the light of the full moon. The tennis court backs up to people's yards and is mere feet from houses. Despite being varying degrees of reactive, all four dogs were dead silent. They didn't even bark at the dogs that came right up to the fence to meet them.

"It's ok, my dogs are friendly!"
"Mine aren't. That's why we're playing ball in the tennis court at 11pm."

Brisbane CGC: ACD/devil
Ru: just like a dog only smaller
Brisbane's Bark Blog