Best dremel for nails?

Picklepaige

What is a decent dremel for doing nails in a large dog? Finn's nails drive me crazy with how long and ugly they are, even after trimming, and I'd like to start dremeling them to see if that helps. I have no idea about what models are good, so can anyone suggest one to me? Thanks!

DJEtzel

I have this dremel with a flex shaft. I love it.

Used to have a battery powered one and couldn't stand replacing batteries, charging it, having it die, the time involved. This one trims a nail down in about 2 seconds flat. ;)

BostonBanker

I have no idea about "best", but I picked up an 8100 cordless a couple of weeks ago, and it has worked perfectly for Gusto. I had people tell me the cordless wouldn't last long enough, but I got all four feet done 3 times (trying to get his nails shorter, so I'm doing them every other day) and it was still running fine when I recharged after that.

And I have to say, getting it was a fabulous decision. I could not get Gusto's nails shorter with clippers, and he was starting to hate me for trying. In 2 weeks, his nails look better than they have in years. He likes the Dremel SO much better than clippers.

Members online