My baby girl can talk!

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
My little baby girl said her first word today. She said no. It's so cute! She just turned a year old last weekend. She's been walking for a few months now, but she just started to be able to walk with shoes. Now she can talk! I can hardly believe how much she has grown in this past year. It's sad because she's not a little baby anymore, she's still my baby though no matter what.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Blink and she will be 16! Congrates on her words :D , and on all your mothering love :)

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
Awww! She got her priorities right as a girly! Learn the most frequently used word first!

becca_4321

I just love it when they start learning to talk. My grand-daughter is 16 months old now and is just now getting the hang of saying new words. My fav. age of little ones has always been 1 to 3 years old.

Barb04

Super Moderator
Oh I'm so happy for you! Have a very Happy Mothers Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gapeach

Big Mutts
The time just flies by! It seems like Maggie just started talking but now she carries on a complete conversation. Congrats, being a Mama is wonderful.

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
yeah I'm enjoying it. My little girl is trying to carry on conversations, but gets a little frustrated that noone can understand all her baby babble.

gapeach

Big Mutts
Yeah its great when they stary the conversations, its so funny! Maggie now says favorite all the time. Don't know where she learned it. Told me yesterday, I'm her fav Mama. :D

bubbatd

Nash's signing helped understand him so much. Really recommend for new moms. On Mother's Day he signed as he said" Happy Mother's Day !' I love you Mommy." Jan was soooo proud.

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
The only signing my little girl does is pointing to stuff that she wants (usually the toys at the store that are WAY too expensive). She'll point at her sippy cup and at certain foods. Although if she wants something bad enough and its at eye level she doesn't bother pointing she just grabs it.

bubbatd

LOL!!! That's where I was !!! Honestly, for new Mom's the signing is great !!! At 6 months, Nash did "more", "juice" "crackers" etc.... When poor ElinHunter was a baby she wanted water and I didn't understand her !!! She kept saying " Mackil " and I thought she meant her Bro Michael....she wanted water !!! It really helps with babies to eliminate frustrations, There are wonderful tapes on signing for babies. Anyone interested I'll put Nash's Mom on this thread .

gapeach

Big Mutts
Grammy, I've heard about that, it's very interesting. Although I've never had a problem with understanding Maggie, maybe with the next one *sigh* Thanks though

Members online