Success with Emme

HayleyMarie

Like a bat outa' hell
As some of you know I have been having issues with Emme and her trying to Guard me against bigger dogs and snapping, lunging, and barking at them.

Well I took her alone to the DP, yesturday we did a walk around outside of the DP at first and once she was calm I let her inside the DP. She did great. Other dogs went up to her as soon as we came inside the park and she just stood there allowing herself to be sniffed and sniffed them back.

We walked around the DP and she actually engaged a playing with a black lab that was bigger than her and they played for a while. I was so impressed and proud of my Bouve baby that after words I made a big fuss of her.

There was no growling, lunging, jumping the whole time we were there. There was Barking, but only playful barking.

I actually did not take her there the past two weeks and I wonder if her confidence soared thoes two weeks.

Either way I am proud of my baby.

Maura

Two weeks allows for more brain development. I think walking her around the park first was a great idea. It gave her time to adjust and feel safe before going in.

HayleyMarie

Like a bat outa' hell
Thanks guys, I am really proud of her. I left the DP so happy and proud of her. I think I will keep going back just her and me so we can work on our relationship more and she gains more confidents gradual in her own time.

She is turning into a true Bouve. I think she just needed time to mature a little bit and learn that I dont need protecting, as Bouves are slower to mature But I am sure if she we were ever in a situation that I need protecting she would do so with her heart and soul. Shes an amazing puppy :)

Members online

No members online now.