Your favorite clicker style?

Chewbecca

feel the magic
I just ordered 3 of these:
Clean Run: i-Clickers

And three of these:
Clean Run: Clik-R Clicker

And two wrist coils.

We are now working on minor recall with the puppies in puppy training class, and since Ophie is SUCH a foodie, she tends to get stuck on the person with the food, and not the one calling her name.
BUT, you whip out a clicker and she acts like the Heavens have opened up and God, himself, has descended upon her and is like, "Now, remember, Ophelia, you can have a treat when you hear the click. Good girl. *click* and *treat*."

And she is just ALL EARS.

So, we use the clicker and she is RIGHT THERE.

So, I went clicker shopping online since the one I have works, but it's a big rectangle and awkward in my small hands.
And I was hoping I could click and free up at least one of my hands because we are also clicking to get the puppies to walk well on lead.
And it's difficult to click, treat, and hold leash.
So! I hope these work out better for me.
I'd also like to be able to click with my feet for paw handling and other things like brushing teeth.

lizzybeth727

I like the Starmark clicker, on a wrist strap, it's pretty much the only one I use. Occasionally in the house I'll use an I-click because it's quieter. The orange button tends to pop off, so I buy them at Petsmart so that I can exchange them for free when they break. In the past three years I think I've only paid for 2 clickers. :)

OP, I'm not sure by your post, but it sounded like maybe Ophie is not paying attention to you until she sees the clicker? Because you definately want to be careful with this, you can very easily turn it into a bribe. It bugs me when I see people pointing the clicker at their dogs as they click, like they're using a remote control on the TV, LOL.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I like the way the i-click ones look, but I've only ever used the box ones you can get at PetSmart for like a dollar, haha. I did buy the Click Stick once intending to use it to teach targeting, but took it back without ever opening it because I taught it another way.

nikkiluvsu15

Wild At Heart
I have the I-Click one and LOVE it. I got it for free with Harleigh's Level 1 Obedience class and I haven't used another one.

We're fixin' to be using it more again because Harleigh is hopefully going to start Level 2 Obedience in September! :D

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
I got an i-click in Juno's sports foundation class, the instructor thought it'd be easier to handle... and she was right! I really like it but my only issue is that it's really quiet. So sometimes in the "real world" I don't use it because I'm not sure if she'll hear it.

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
I started out with a box clicker from petsmart but it was pretty loud and awkward. I just bought one of the i-clickers this weekend with the coil for around the wrist and i like it a lot. Izzie seems to like the quieter sound too.

Chewbecca

feel the magic
I like the Starmark clicker, on a wrist strap, it's pretty much the only one I use. Occasionally in the house I'll use an I-click because it's quieter. The orange button tends to pop off, so I buy them at Petsmart so that I can exchange them for free when they break. In the past three years I think I've only paid for 2 clickers. :)

OP, I'm not sure by your post, but it sounded like maybe Ophie is not paying attention to you until she sees the clicker? Because you definately want to be careful with this, you can very easily turn it into a bribe. It bugs me when I see people pointing the clicker at their dogs as they click, like they're using a remote control on the TV, LOL.

No, It's not about her seeing it.
It's about her hearing it. But we are in the beginning stages of clicker training, and I only really use it with really new things (recall, learning to play fetch, walking properly on leash-though Ophie walks pretty well on leash already, and down-stays).

But once she hears it, she knows I have it because she's not stupid.
I don't point the clicker at her like she's a t.v. :lol-sign:
I'm not THAT new to clicker training.
I tend to hold it behind my back for most things (when I don't need both hands).

I almost ordered the Starmark one, but I wanted to try these two out first.
If I don't like them, then I'll try the starmark one.

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
I use Karen Pryor's i-click.
i-Click Clicker

I love it. The sound the clicker makes is perfect, and it's easy to use.
I didn't buy a wrist coil. I use one I made myself.

mrose_s

BusterLove
I do prefer my normal box-type clicker but I also have an i-click. I find the i-click is handy for when you dont have hands free, you can click it with your foot or in your mouth. I should buy a wrist coil for it.

Quinn is starting to catch onto the clicker, it was also the best thing I ever did for Buster.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
I prefer the box clickers, but if I have a reason to need something quieter I prefer the Iclick hands down over the Clik-R. The Iclick seems more durable and much easier to use than the Clik-R.

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
I have the Clik-R. OMG I love it. Currently both of mine are missing, I know they're somewhere in the jeep. I like the i-clicks too, but sometimes when I'm handling and having treats, if you're not holding the clicker in your hand and letting it dangle, it can take a few minutes to flail around for it, while the Clik-R is already there on your finger. :)

adojrts

I use the I-Click and love it, been using the same one for years and it keeps on clicking lol (pardon the pun).
It's also on a wrist coil, however I have had to replace the coil a couple of times bc they get stretched out etc.

Members online

No members online now.