R.I.P Hazel..

iluvdogs

I know this is for dogs...but I wanted to see if anyone knew what happen?

First off..Our Cat Hazel was 16 y/o

My husband and I were about to go outside to play with the dogs..In the mean time he had JUST let hazel inside.

We were outside playing and about 10 mins later we hear this THUD from inside...My husband comes inside to see what it was..and he sees Hazel on the floor so he calls me in.

She was laying by the table and her tongue was sticking out and it was BLUE...she was soooo limp also...then about 2 mins or so she takes a deep breath and that was it! :(

What do you think happen ? I mean her tongue must of went blue fast then ? I hope she was not choking on something or anything like that!! Poor girl!! I'm just glad she went pretty fast.

Also..They have a bed and food and kitty litter downstairs and thats where they hang out..Well after she died we went downstairs to see if we can find anything...and we seen 2 small piles where she threw up...it was not food though just brownish liquid.

R.I.P Hazel!! We will miss you! :(

JessLough

Love My Mutt
oh she was a beauty :( no idea what it could have been (got something poisonous? maybe laid out for dogs by somebody?), but you have my condolences.

RIP sweet girl, run free

iluvdogs

Thanks Jess!

I know she was a outside cat...but having said that she would ALWAYS just stick to the front yard..She would just sit by the door steps...or by the fence..She never went anywhere else.

It's just so weird how 10 mins ago she was totally fine..purring friendly..then just boom we come in shes lying down with a blue tongue!

Lossalfling

Ferret Keeper
She could have well had a massive heart attack... with the heart spasaming no blood would be pumped correctly.. can also cause seizures. At that age it can be that fast

Snark

Mutts to you
So sorry for your loss. It could have been a heart problem...

We lost our cat, Dominick, that fast. He was resting on the rug in the studio, coughed once or twice, then got up and left. I walked out ten minutes later and found him dead in the family room. He was almost 19 but looked to be in good health - good appetite, good coat, was still beating up the dogs on a regular basis...

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I was going to say heart attack as well. I don't think she was choking or that final breath would not have happened. I am so sorry you have lost Hazel. Rip pretty cat.
((((((((HUGS)))))))))

Fran27

She was so pretty! I'm sorry for your loss... I know it's not much but at least it was fast and she didn't suffer...

iluvdogs

Thanks everyone! You guys are all so caring! :)

Okay I feel a little better now knowing it was not something that I could have helped!

The sad part is that I think she was coming over to look out the window to watch us outside :(

She did look great for her age too! When ever I told someone her age they didn't believe me.

Members online