Some Days I Wish... (whine!)

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
... That I had dogs that got really riled up and mischievous if they hadn't gone for walks. The fact that my Pugs couldn't care less either way makes it really hard for me to motivate myself to go out to the park... Especially when my insides feel like their trying to turn inside out.

I know Izzie wants to go for walkies, but i'm sooooo tired and not feeling good. Plus i know doing some walking will help me feel better but blarg. It's one of those days.

/End Whine

CaliTerp07

Ugh, you can have Lucy. She's been shoving her squeaky squirrel into my leg ALL day saying "play with me play with me play with me!"

Okay, you can't have Lucy, I like her too much.

Sorry you're feeling so yuck :(

Tell me about it. If I do not physically make Argon get up, he won't. The dog would rather hold it from 1pm-7am then get up, walk 100ft, and pee.
Grimm actually likes to exercise, and in the 6 weeks he was gone, I somehow put on 5lbs. Good thing he's back (and I'm not the only one who put on 5lbs!), so we can exercise together again.

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
Izzie loves to exercise, once we get out there... But it's the getting there part.

I think i just don't like going walking anymore because i always have to walk alone (just me and Izzie), none of my friends really have dogs or want to be around dogs except for a select few who are really busy folks :(

Toller_08

Sounds like you need a Ripley for a few days! I need to get him out every day whether I feel like it or not, otherwise he drives everybody insane.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Trade ya. Juno's annoying when she doesn't get her exercise. And when it's 90 degrees with high humidity... there's no way we can do anything outside.... so she's been quite the joy to live with for the past week or so. :p

Paige

Let it be
Bandit went through a phase were I couldn't peel him off the couch if I tried. He's always game for whatever I want to do though. If it's eat cookies all day in bed or go out for a run. But there was about a month where he all of a sudden was the laziest dog ever.

Human friends can be great motivation. Do you have anyone to go out walking with you?

Snark

Mutts to you
I'll lend you Riley - he is an absolute pest if he doesn't get to run and run and run... Doesn't matter if it's 100 degrees out with 80% humidity, he'll still run around like a crazy dog, then jump in his water trough and go scuba diving. (He has discovered he can't breathe underwater.)

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
Human friends can be great motivation. Do you have anyone to go out walking with you?
Hu...Man? What's that? Hahaha

Most of my Human friends either don't have dogs or don't like dogs (Izzie is the #1 reason i can't hold down a relationship, no one seems to like dogs here). The two friends i have that like dogs/have dogs are really busy or not here again until september.

We did end up going for a walk but it was so stinkin' hot we mostly just focused on training. Izzie is getting really good with front crosses and starts! Yay Izzie!

Paige

Let it be
Lame! I don't have any dog friends either. I have friends with dogs but none are like me except my friend Ed, who happens not to have on right now and he lives 45 minutes away. Which sucks. I need more doggy friends around here.

Let's move right beside each other. We can walk dogs together.

Bailey08

I thought I got away with a low exercise day this Saturday -- instead I got a dog who reaaaaally wanted to play fetch at midnight! :lol-sign:

JacksonsMom

Awww! Jackson has his moments. Some days, he can get along without a good walk or exercise. Other days, no way. Or I'll think I'm off free and 4-5pm rolls around, and he's running thru the house, grabbing things, chewing things, whining at me to play, and then I'm like ughhh. It's been soooo hot and humid here that we've been skipping more walks but I always typically have to get him good exercise somehow. This summer, I take him to my dads house a few times a week for some good swimming in his indoor pool and that tires him out majorly. Once that pool is closed, I'm not sure what I'm gonna do! Eeek! Pugs are sounding more appealing to me ;);)

Lizmo

Water Junkie
My dogs never ask to go on walks. They'll get super excited if *I* get the leashes out, but they never pester like "hey let's go for a walk. now now now" lol

Actually, none of the dogs are bad about shoving toys or begging for walks/toys/etc. haha

ETA: I take that back. Blaze will drop his ball in front of you till you throw it outside.

Members online