What a gorgous dog! (warning petfinder link)

Kayla

I am not sure if right now is the right time for me to add a second dog to my life, but I do know my base criteria I'm looking for:

I'd like a dog that has been sociailized with other dogs and preferably has been observed in a situation where she has lived with other dogs (hopefully in a foster family) and has acquired play skills

I'd prefer a small to medium dog, as Duke is already pretty big and I am just finishing paying off my car while saving for a downpayment on a condo.

I know the reality is with a dog as big as Duke ( about 85lbs) I am already in the boat for finding a pet friendly place that will allow a large dog, so having a second mediumish dog may or may not be the biggest challeng I face (Do you think Im on the right track of thinking). My alternative is to stay at home a bit longer and save for a downpayment on a townhouse and consider finding a roommate. I'm not against apartments but i've managed to find a job which Id like to make a career out of, that does not, and will never pay a lot so Im trying to get a leg up by avoiding renting since I am in a position where I can live at home while I save.

Lastly I'd like to avoid a dog that is reactive towards people and other dogs. It's not that I am not willing to work through some reactivity, but I think after Duke, and with Duke's temperment Id like to find a lower key dog that Duke can positively feed off of, rather then backslide, not sure if that would happen but just something Ive thought about.

I've been searching petfinder like a fiend recently and while this girl meets alot of what Im looking for, but I'm not quite at the point yet that I've finished weighing whether or not now is the best time. None the less I had to post her link because she is just absolutly beautiful! Regardless of whether or not it's with me I hope she finds a great home.

Adoptable Catahoula Leopard Dog: Figi: Petfinder

(I have to say tho for the record how much I realllllly cant wait to add a carefully selected second dog into my life)

Members online