Dog Organization

JacksonsMom

What do you do with all your dog's crap? LOL

A little over a year ago now, I started getting more organized. His stuff used to be just... everywhere.

I got rid of some stuff, sold others, etc, to 'clean up' a bit last year.

Here's what I have. Can you tell a spoiled rotten dog lives here?

Anyway, I'm still living at home, and I have my own back area of the house (living space, bathroom, then my bedroom).

So, he's pretty much taken over my closet space.

I recently started hanging his collars on the rack, and harnesses. I found it easier to keep track of, see, etc. You can also see some of his coats hanging up. MY part of the closet still needs work (that white shelf thing hanging up is sooo messy and unorganized. My next project).

That whole plastic storage bin thing is his. Top drawer is bully sticks, chews, etc. Second drawer is bandanas and costumes. Third drawer is just whatever else random stuff I have (Dremel, etc). Oh and that little basket on the bottom holds his holiday shirts, sweaters, etc that I have. I only put it out like that for the picture, lol.

This is on the back of my closet door right now. I tend to shove things in there, so again, kind of needs to be cleaned out. Just have some sample food bags in there, shampoo, brush, teeth stuff, etc. I got that thing for really cheap (like $4 or something) -- good purchase though! It helps me keep stuff off the ground, counters, etc.

Our collar collection. Believe it or not, it got less! I sold a few collars, gave some away, etc, so this is what we're down to. To be honest, he doesn't wear like 75% of them. The main one he wears is the Paco, and the Kong collars for when I know he's going to get really wet/dirty/etc. The two personalized black leather collars with his name on them don't fit right - and since they're personalized, well, not really sell-able or give-away-able, LOL, so they just stay sitting pretty.

This is hanging up right next to my closet door, in my bedroom again. Got this little thing for really cheap too (the Woof sign), and again, so worth it. This is our stuff we grab a lot, so I keep it out. His ezydog harness, Puppia harness, Kong leash, and two coats.

This is right outside of my bedroom door. We have a bar in my back room and there's a wine cooler/fridge thing and that's what this stuff is sitting on top of. It's easy access, food (his food bowl is right underneath this), and meds (heartworm, etc), and treats.

Then there's his toy chest.... yes personalized, LOL. My mom got it for a Christmas present last year for me. I love it. Looks good, and easy to throw toys, bones, etc so they're not laying all over my floor. It's in my bedroom under my TV.

So yup, there's all of our crap! I'm limited space in the house, so that's why it ends up all in my bedroom and closet, LOL, once I have my own place, I'm sure I'll have another organizational method.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
I love the toy chest...we need a toy chest...we have a big basket by the hearth that all their toys go into but a toy chest would be much cuter.

I think Jackson has as many collars as all my dogs (including Temporary) combined... :p

But outside of that...yeah...I have a LOT of dog stuff...a lot...really a lot...I mean we just got a 21ft^3 chest freezer just for the dogs...

Wowee! Jackson has a lot of stuff!

Organization? What is this "organization" you speak of? Gypsy's crap is everywhere. We try to put her toys into a basket sometimes, but she disapproves. There's a dog toy - or six - in every room of the house.

JacksonsMom

I love the toy chest...we need a toy chest...we have a big basket by the hearth that all their toys go into but a toy chest would be much cuter.

I think Jackson has as many collars as all my dogs (including Temporary) combined... :p

But outside of that...yeah...I have a LOT of dog stuff...a lot...really a lot...I mean we just got a 21ft^3 chest freezer just for the dogs...

:rofl1: I believe it. And like I said, the sad thing is... he really doesn't wear most of them. I have no desire to add any more fabric-type collars. I've definitely turned into a leather collar gal, and then having a few plain-ish sporty nylon collars (like, I love the Kong collars. Super plain but still cute, look good on him, and stand up to a lot of gettin' dirty, LOL)

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
:rofl1: I believe it. And like I said, the sad thing is... he really doesn't wear most of them. I have no desire to add any more fabric-type collars. I've definitely turned into a leather collar gal, and then having a few plain-ish sporty nylon collars (like, I love the Kong collars. Super plain but still cute, look good on him, and stand up to a lot of gettin' dirty, LOL)
Yeah it helps that I haven't gone down the leather collar rabbit hole...yet lol. I was on the brink with Mira and then won a pair of gorgeous NearlyNakedNeckwear collars for her that are perfect and so very kind to her coat plus still have a soy webbing one for swimming that dries fast so I think we've backed away from the edge...for now... :)

CaliTerp07

I have a basket by the door with her leash, harness, slip leads, and poop bags. Next to it are flashlights for night walks, and a lint brush for when I head out the door to work. (See her secret santa slip lead in the pile?)

In the closet is a rubbermaid box with all her extras--jackets, leashes, food dishes, etc. (You can see her beautiful coat from last year's secret santa sticking out! She got to wear it last week when it was FREEZING cold!)

In the family room is her basket o' toys, next to the tv.

In the pantry on the bottom is another rubbermaid box with her food.

Treats are in another cabinet.

And other than that I have a toy basic in the livingroom and I leave cups of Fromm around the house at doorways and things for training.

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
We just moved and I found 4 medium moving boxes of dog stuff not counting the stuff we kept out as "essentials". I have issues. We'll be redoing our organization and maybe removing some of the excess since our house is smaller.

I don't know where my photos are but I used to have a couple drawers in the garage and a big coat rack in the guest bathroom.

MicksMom

-Leash rack on the back porch:
Service dog lead
a 6 foot cotton
Flexi
poop bags
bell
ASAT collar

These bags are kept in the closet in the dining room
-Obedience bag (goes on vacation with us, too):
obedience leads
prong collar
spare flat and martingale collars
extra set of tags (ID & microchip)
ID tags with contact info of people we visit often (not all have cell service)
treats
comb
brush

-Nosework bag:
harness
2 ASAT leads (6 foot and 11 foot)
Nosework travel kit

-Hiking bag:
Harness
6 foot ASAT lead
bottle of waterless shampoo
bottle of AVC/water
comb
brush
towel
bumper
poop bags

Inside toys are kept in (2) 3 section pop up hampers.

Outside toys are in a laundry basket on the back porch.

-Treats (on bottom shelf of microwave cart in kitchen):
"bedtime" ones in a stainless steele canister
"anytime"ones in a small mason jar

-Chews (in kitchen next to microwave cart):
plastic food storage container (kept the cat food in it when the cat was alive)

-Food (in laundry room):
same container as the chews but big enough for a 30# bag to stand in

Grooming stuff is kept in a couple of different places-

Dremel is in the diningroom on the table we keep our phone and camera chargers on

Nail clippers, waterless shampoo, Zoom Groom, comb and bristle brush is in a stainless steele bucket hanging in the garage.

Bathing stuff (shampoo, conditioner, Zoom Groom, grooming noose & suction cup) are in a toiletry bag that hangs in the downstairs bathroom.

Towels, blankets, bathmats are in a ziplock bag type storage thing on a shelf in the garage.

Crates and grooming table are in the garage.

Old collars, leashes, life jacket, bite not collar and first aide bag are hanging on a peg board in the garage.

Costumes and bandanas are in a plastic 3 drawer container in the laundry room.

Bandanas that are worn regularly are in a box in the closet at the bottom of the stairs.

Meds and supplements are in the kitchen cabinet (except the Salmon oil- that's in the fridge).

FG167

Then I have gear bags for each sport (SchH, Flyball, Agility/trick/prop/misc etc)

More pics of everything I cram in those, HERE.

Each of my dogs also have a binder with their registration paperwork, titles, certificates, shot records etc - things I travel with just in case I need them at a trial or something.

In the living room we have an old style crate with their chew toys.

Oko

Silence, peasants.
Wesley's stuff is in a couple of bins on top of his crate, for the most part.

Futurepuppy's stuff is in her futurecrate next to my desk, no idea where I'll put it when she arrives. :rofl1:

JacksonsMom

Then I have gear bags for each sport (SchH, Flyball, Agility/trick/prop/misc etc)

More pics of everything I cram in those, HERE.

Each of my dogs also have a binder with their registration paperwork, titles, certificates, shot records etc - things I travel with just in case I need them at a trial or something.

In the living room we have an old style crate with their chew toys.
Awesomeness! I need to get some storage drawers like yours, they look nicer. My one is pretty old and kind of falling apart. I also love that you have it labeled!

I forgot - I do have a binder for Jackson, too, with all of his medical files, etc.

MicksMom

...Then I have gear bags for each sport (SchH, Flyball, Agility/trick/prop/misc etc)
Caleb's obedience bag is the blue one. :) Love it! I'm tossing around the idea of getting the new one when it's availale for Nosework.

Each of my dogs also have a binder with their registration paperwork, titles, certificates, shot records etc - things I travel with just in case I need them at a trial or something...
I have all that stuff in a folder in the filing cabinet. Copies are in the glove box of each vehicle as well as the obedience and Nosework bags.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
Did a count of my dog inventory....

Regular leashes- 18 (includes leather, nylon, rope, etc)
Gentle Leaders- 2
Harnesses- 4
Coursing slip- 1
martingale/leash combo- 1
Slip Leads- 8
Training Long lines- 2
Flexi- 1 (only use this in my backyard sometimes because it isn't fenced
Muzzles- 2
Coupler- 1
Agility Tab- 1
Collars- 50 that I could find, but there are more lying around my house and a new paco in the mail that should be here by tomorrow at the latest.
Coats: Bamm has 1, Cricket has 2 and Joey has 2
Pajamas: Joey has 1

plus lots of toys and lots of random stuff, grooming supplies, food, treats, costumes, etc

Leashes, collars, training long lines, etc go in this long tupperware bin

That tupperware bin usually is on top of Bamm and Cricket's crates... oh and that crate with the different levels next to their crate is going to be Whiskey's little room when he comes back.

On top of the bin is a bag that has coats, pajamas

Food and treats are kept in these bins. The one labeled Bamm and Joey that also says treats is actually treats for all of the dogs. I tried to cross their names off but my permanent marker died on me

I have a bunch more dog stuff scattered on top of my kitchen table, treats, supplements, peanut butter, some shampoo, and canned Merrick because Joey gets that mixed in with dinner to keep weight on him.

A bunch more assorted dog stuff is in this bin including grooming stuff, extra bowls, costumes, etc. I need to organize it, but I'm waiting until we move and have a room specifically for the dogs to do so.

and one of their toy bins... they have a couple. I am going to have Josh build me a big dog toy chest once we move. I tried to rotate this in photobucket but photobucket wont rotate it when I try to share it here for some reason. It's next to Joey's crate which is always covered with a blanket because he whines otherwise.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Well, we have this...

And then, it's just...everywhere :/ lol

Also, I refuse to inventory my things, then I will just think about how much money I would have if I didn't buy ANY OF IT! :p

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
I kind of have stuff everywhere, but it's all contained to bins for the most part so it doesn't seem so chaotic lol.

This is where the bulk of my junk is contained - treats, nail trimmers, dental stuff, extra collars, Halloween costumes...

Canvas tote kept on the bookcase upstairs. Mostly shampoos as you can see LOL. Brushes and a billion bandanas.

Cupboard above pantry. Contains my dad's Beggin Strip stash, medications and frequently used treats.

Our stash of Trader Joes treats in the back

We keep bins of their food out in the garage, but we are too lazy to go out there every time we feed the dogs, so we keep a smaller supply on the counter next to the fridge. Bin on bottom is Juno's, bin on top is Lucy's, and Ziploc bag is Happy's.

And finally.... our first aid/health care stuff. Heartgard, thermometer, bandaging supplies, stethoscope etc.

Their leashes are just hung on hooks with our jackets. And... I think that's about everything... other than the toy box lol.

We have a leash rack up front with 4 hooks, one for each dog and then one for leashes/foster collars. Its complettly full. Each dog has 3 pacos, a halti, and 4-5 fabric play collars. Magdelyn has her therapy vest and a reflective collar. We used to have our keys on it but now have a "leash rack" that our keys go on. It is the size I guess normal people need for leash racks but we would be able to get maybe 4 leashes on it, it is suuper tiny. We have a plastic storage bin with drawers that we keep all of our meds. Grooming supplies and a drawer with e-collars and bite not collars since most of our fosters end up having surgery its good to keep them on hand. Ontop of that we have a plastic bin with dog food. We keep the cat food under the sink (since the cats can open it) We just have a wicker basket toys are kept in since our kids dont really have much interest in toys.

I keep all the mushing stuff in the trunk of my car so I can't forget anything. Leashes and collars are mostly on the back porch, and stuff like brushes and nail trimmers are mostly in a bowl in the dining room, but there's stuff... pretty much all over the house.

Members online

No members online now.