NextDog.

JacksonsMom

Do you know what your next dog will be?
Kind of. My mind changes on a daily basis BUT I always keep coming back to Border Terriers. So I'm almost certain BT will be my nextdog.

Where is it coming from?
I have 2 breeders in mind and have communicated with.

When?
Ugh, at this point, likely not until end of 2015 or even early 2016.

Plans/goals for it?
Nothing set in stone. Likely dabble in agility and other dog sports. But mostly pet/walking/hiking companion.

SpringerLover

Importing a Springer from a kennel in Poland with Megan. Which she won't ever actually do, because she won't just do what I tell her to do!! :mad: :rolleyes: And she should, because I'm always right. I don't even love Springers.
I WANT ONE SO BAD. GUH! We need them.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
I would honestly consider one of those dogs, even if they pant funky. They are THAT pretty.

Paviche

Duuuuude.

Right now I'm really leaning toward a Silken Windhound. I'm waiting to decide for sure until I meet some, but I've been reading and speaking to owners and a breeder and they sound like a good fit. They meet what I want in a dog, and seem like a good match as far as a dog that both Rowan and Riff could at least tolerate. Mostly Rowan. Riff likes most dogs (although that doesn't mean that most dogs like him.)

Other possibilities are an Aussie, an English Shepherd, or another Brittany.

Less likely but still possible are a field type English Cocker, a Toller, a Koolie, a Collie, or possibly a herder or spaniel mix from rescue.

Where is it coming from?

95% sure next dog will be from a breeder. I want that experience. Like I said though, there's a small chance is go through a rescue again.

When?

2015, hopefully. I don't want to wait too long because the older Rowan gets, the less accepting he is of dogs. He's not going to be happy about a third dog no matter what I do, but the longer I wait, the harder it will be on him.

Plans/goals for it?

Depends on the type. I'd really love to continue lure coursing. There are lots of sports that I want to try - agility, dock diving, rally, barn hunt - but those are all things I could do with my current dogs, if only I could find classes and events.

The biggest goals are: Rowan doesn't hate it, and getting a good early foundation on training.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
Wire Ibizan hound bitch

Where is it coming from?
Well that would spoil the surprise. Lol. I do know where and who my puppy will more than likely come from. If you know me pretty well and know who my friends are and what beezers I'm absolutely head over heels in love with then I'm sure you can guess.

When? 2-4 years... Depends on when this particular bitch is bred.

Plans/goals for it? I will be showing her and have big lure coursing plans for her. We'll probably also do straight track, rally and comp ob. If she turns out to be what we are wanting for the breed and health tests clear her then the goal is to eventually breed her and start our lines.

Most likely another Lab or Lab mix of some sort. Or any medium-large sized mutt.

Where is it coming from?

Either the shelter or craigslist. Unless I get a random offer from a friend.

When?
3-4 years from now

Plans/goals for it?
Not really... He/she will most likely be a pet/walking/hiking companion...If I am in a different financial situation (I hope to be) I would like to get into agility or dock diving. But nope no plans set in stone.

Upendi&Mina

Mainstreme Elitist
It will be another aussie.

Where is it coming from?
Possibly Snitch's breeder. If Snitch turns out it will possibly be a puppy sired by him, but that's a big if.

When?
Years from now.

Plans/goals for it?
I will be looking for another conformation prospect

Sorry it's so vague but this is literally like a minimum 2 years more realistic 3-4 away.

FurryJerks

Depends, husband's Lab is slowing down a bit and even though he'll only be 6yrs next month he's having issues with his joints and just can't keep up like he used to, though he tries so hard. He'd like a another Lab before the current one retires or he has to make "that decision", I've been trying to talk him into a Curly. My next dog will be an ACD.

Where is it coming from?
I've picked out an ACD breeder in Ontario, a Lab breeder in Newfoundland and still haven't found a Curly breeder.

When?
Not for at least a couple years when the Lab is retired or one of the current dogs pass.

Plans/goals for it?
Retriever will be hunting, a co worker for my husband and companion, the ACD will be a companion mostly though I wouldn't mind getting involved in a dog sport they just don't happen here and it would be costly to go out of province for training and events all the time.

SoCrafty

Do I know what my NextDog will be? Yes! And I am so excited.

Do you know where it is coming from? Yes, a very awesome breeder. I am in love with her dogs.

When? I will probably have her around January 2015. Waiting paid off. It was just the RIGHT time. I refused to get another dog until I felt financially secure, I wanted a house and a yard etc. Everything is in place and now all thats missing is her!

Plans/goals for it? Yes. She will mostly be a companion, but I do intend to go to obedience classes with her, and try to build a foundation so we can dabble in agility. I would love it if I could get her CGC and maybe then a therapy dog that I could take to nursing homes. My job is dealing with elderly, and sometimes the outcomes aren't good, so I want to give back somehow.

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
Where is it coming from?
I've picked out an ACD breeder in Ontario, a Lab breeder in Newfoundland and still haven't found a Curly breeder.

When?
Not for at least a couple years when the Lab is retired or one of the current dogs pass.
Oh! What breeder?!

Do I know what my NextDog will be? Yes! And I am so excited.

Do you know where it is coming from? Yes, a very awesome breeder. I am in love with her dogs.

When? I will probably have her around January 2015. Waiting paid off. It was just the RIGHT time. I refused to get another dog until I felt financially secure, I wanted a house and a yard etc. Everything is in place and now all thats missing is her!

Plans/goals for it? Yes. She will mostly be a companion, but I do intend to go to obedience classes with her, and try to build a foundation so we can dabble in agility. I would love it if I could get her CGC and maybe then a therapy dog that I could take to nursing homes. My job is dealing with elderly, and sometimes the outcomes aren't good, so I want to give back somehow.
What breed?!

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
Nextdog won't be for quite a few years (hopefully!) since we have 6 dogs. My oldest (Rylie) is 9 years old followed by Chloe who is 8. I'm hoping they'll still be kicking for at least another 5-10 years!

Nextdog (small) will probably be another long coated chihuahua.

For our big Nextdog, we are interested in a staffie but it won't be for a long while. I really love labradoodles (don't shoot me haha) and I'm interested in them as well. A good friend's therapy dog is a very awesome labradoodle and I love spending time with him.

Snark

Mutts to you
Do you know what your next dog will be? Nope, probably an adult mix breed that is comparable in size to Riley but with a more outgoing, confident nature, most likely a female. I would love a Rottie but I'd have to talk to my insurance company, Rotties are on their discriminated against list. :(
Where is it coming from? A shelter/rescue probably (or if the stars and finances align, a breeder for the Rottie).
When? Whenever Mick and Murph pass, hopefully years from now
Plans/goals for it? Would like to scooter, so Riley has a running companion, maybe lure coursing (if she likes it) or whatever she shows an interest in (would be nice to get back into competition agility).

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I'm really liking Hank... Maybe a bit more focus on me would be nice but he's a teenage boy. I still am really thinking borderstaffy or something next. I am liking the jerkwadness of the terriers... or maybe that's the ACD in him.

If they made 20 lb malinois, that would be what I wanted.

Members online

No members online now.