Soft sided crate Question

Gypsydals

Does anyone know where I can get a reasonably priced soft-sided crate? And is there any that you have liked more than others?
I need to get one so that we/I can move Ivan into my bedroom easily and quickly when we have people come over.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
The cheapest option would probably be a pop-up crate, but I don't know if those come in a size large enough for Ivan. They also have no real structure, so if your dog is even the slightest bit naughty, they might roll the crate like a hamster ball. =P

N2N are the ones I like but they are not cheap. Target and Wal-Mart have some generic ones but I doubt they are going to be big enough...

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
Try costco. I know that canadian costco has them on their website and they have ones big enough for a berner.

Locke

Check Amazon!

I just bought a soft sided foldable crate for $45. I think the next size up is $75, but there are a ton of other models and makes as well.

Gypsydals

what about an Xpen? its faster to set up than a crate and folds just as flat, and is more substantial than a softie kennel
The Xpens I have are not any easier and faster for me to set up than my wire crate. And a smaller expen he is going to beable to get out of.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
I have an EliteField crate as well - it has held up really nicely and I think I paid all of $60 for the 36" size. :)

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
+3 for elitefield.

If you have a BigLots near you, their Dog Digs crates are good too. $50 for a 36". Supposedly they are making 42" crates now too, but I don't know whether Big Lots carries them.

MicksMom

The cheapest option would probably be a pop-up crate, but I don't know if those come in a size large enough for Ivan...
I bought a pop up in WalMart big enough for Caleb. He's approx 23 1/2 inches tall and weighs 75 pounds, if that helps. For what you want, as long as you can get the right size, I'd go with that. BTW- the same crate is on Sit Stay's website (store, not forum member. LOL). If you decide to go with a N2N, get the green one. The company makes another one that is tan and has roll down window covers. My friend has that one, and it's harder to put up then my green one.

Gypsydals

Thanks guys. I'll let you know what I end up with. Its not going to be primary crate. Just when I need him out of the living room. So he might be using it frequently for a while but not for long periods. I just need to be able to remove him so he doesn't teach new puppy bad habits in regards to visitors.

Members online

No members online now.