Kong Stuffing

Which is kinda like turkey stuffing but for crazy dog people.

So, what all do you guys use to stuff your Kongs? What's your favorite (or dogs favorite, whatever floats your boat), what lasts the longest, what do you use most etc.

This thread comes from sitting next to Didgie as she makes gross noises while she sticks her tongue down to the bottom of her Kong.

And now I will share this picture because it makes me laugh.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
omg that's creepy lol.

I just do kibble and peanut butter because it's easy. I only do Kongs for Cajun's crate time and I only need it to last long enough for her to not care that she's in there.

AliciaD

On second thought...
yogurt, peanut butter, cheese, scrambled eggs...

I've not put anything raw in there because I'm not sure I am the most thorough kong cleaner- but maybe that's just me being paranoid.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Both my dogs get Kongs whenever I leave the house. 98% of the time we just use canned food and pop it in the freezer the night before. Recently Siri has been getting peanut butter to try and fatten her up a bit.

When I decide to get all crazy I will mix up things like peanut butter and mashed banana, bananas and applesauce, Primal nuggets, squeeze cheese, chopped apples and carrots, fruit or veggie baby food.

Snark

Mutts to you
Layers of cubed beef or lamb roll, cream cheese, green cow tripe, yogurt, and homemade jerky pieces are winners for everyone here. Mick will eat anything but Riley and Murph don't like peanut butter, carrots or green beans.

Riley will ignore a frozen Kong until it thaws out. Then he likes to sit on the sofa and bounce it off the floor to shake stuff out. Have I mentioned he's lazy? :)

krissy

Kibble mixed with any of the following:

Canned dog food
Canned green tripe
Plain yogurt
Cottage cheese
Cheese whiz
Peanut butter
Canned pumpkin
Left over soup (use peanut butter to block the small hole first!)

Oko

Silence, peasants.
Right now Feist's Kong has a hard cookie and a liver treat behind it, that's kinda the norm. Boring, small stuff. Sometimes I'll put her kibble in it. To be honest, the kong doesn't get much use right now. Poor puppy. :p

Maxy24

Usually various kinds of cheese mixed together. Cottage cheese, cream cheese, hunks of string cheese, some Parmesan sprinkled in. If I have leftover meat hunks of that will go in too. I've also done yogurt. Peanut butter makes him vomit repeatedly.

I want to try pumpkin but he refuses to eat all fruits and veggies so I don't know if he'd eat it.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
We use peanut butter or frozen canned dog food for in the crate time. For playing around on the floor, I stuff it with bits of milk bone\treats.

I've done frozen soup before, too, I just typically don't have leftover soup!

AmandaNola

Wanna Pet My Wiener?
That's just creepy looking. :rofl1:

I use:
Yogurt
Pumpkin
Combo of both
Her food (homemade)
Wet food
Cottage cheese
Sometimes peanut butter, but she isn't a huge fan

In the summer she likes yogurt with watermelon. :p

All of that's frozen, btw.

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
Best kong EVER!!! Lol, you win for most creative use of a chicken foot. :rofl1:

I like to fill a big black kong with raw or cooked meat, organs and canned sardine or salmon then freeze it. Kind of gross but it doesn't make a mess when they eat it! I like to make them work for something instead of throw it into a bowl when ever possible and this is their organ meal.

I give them & my client dogs kongs stuffed with pumpkin, yogurt & canned food or cottage cheese FROZEN.... guaranteed to be easy on their tummy! I cover the top with a layer of cookies for added difficulty.

I just used reduced calorie canned food, because my dogs get a fair amount of Kongs and I don't want to fatten them. Squash for sure and the others intermittently get one whenever we leave the house, everyone gets one at bedtime, and sometimes I randomly give them if "someone" is bugging the crap out of me or we need some "wind down" time.

Tashapaws

Spanish Pup
Bread. I just stuff bread in there and Natasha loves it.
Yes, my dog prefers bread over hot dogs. :D

RedHotDobe

aka RedHotBabe
I usually just use peanut butter. Sometimes I use it as a cement and put some dry food or treats in there with it. I used chicken broth a few times, but I don't plan ahead enough to freeze beforehand.

Members online

No members online now.