I Lost A Dog Last Night!!!!

M

Manchesters

I was ready to make the dreaded trip to Walmart, and was putting the girls into their crates (girl Manchesters, that is). Robin is in a bottom crate, and just runs in on her own. Schnuggle Bug (Kammi) is in a crate on top of Robin's. She hops up into her own crate. Then Goose and Missy are in crates 3 and 4, counting upward. Well, I got everyone into her crate except Twit....Twit is the one that washes her food in the water pan........no Twit anywhere. I checked out on the patio and carport, and in the utility building. No Twit. I checked out in the yard. No Twit. I knew she could not have gotten passed me into the back hall.

I was starting to become totally boomfoggled about this. Then I figured WAIT A MINUTE.......CHECK THE BLASTED CRATES WITH THE FLASHLIGHT!!!!!!!! So I did, an low and behold, in Schnuggle Bug's crate, TWO noses were showing out the door!!!!!! Dipwit Twit had jumped up into Kammi's cage, and was in there with her!!!!!! That kinda puts the lie to those who don't like the idea of crating dogs, roflmbo.

I was tempted to wring Twit's neck, but resisted. I was too glad to have found her.

M

Manchesters

I Should Have Suspected......

Renee750il said:
They do have a rather warped sense of humor, don't they? ;)
Kammi came over when I called her, but instead of hopping up into her crate, she ran back around the coffee table to the other side of the living room. I should have known, lol. But when I called her back and told her to get into her blasted crate, she did. Poor thing. They are such good girls!! But sometimes Kammi will give me a bit of a run for my money.....just to be a smarty.

Once upon a time many years ago, I lost a Doberman in here, right from under my nose!!!!!!!! I was cutting toenails, and it was Nikki's turn. It was before I had had the door between the kitchen and the back hall put in. I looked all over this place. Now...we are talking an 80 pound Dobie here! I went back and looked in the doggie bedroom. No Nikki. Front bedroom.....no Nikki. I went to re-check the back bedroom, and saw some movement in the 300 sized wire crate in the corner of the room. That dog had squished herself into that crate!!!! It was about big enough for a Whippet!!!!! I could have also wrung HER neck for putting me thru a minor heart attack!!!!!

Darned dogs only exist to try to give us all heart failure.....then they sit and laugh at us!!!!!!!

Don't feel too alone about losing a little 80 pound Dobie, lol! Kharma - at 130 pounds - has actually managed to hide in the back corner underneath Charley's mother's old hospital bed that's still in the house :rolleyes: The only way I found her was the tip of her tail was sticking out, barely wagging at the end, and the movement attracted my eye :D

Barb04

Super Moderator
What our dogs can put us through! I wouldn't want to live without them though.

Becca_

chowchow
I lose Princess all the time. She blends in with her surroundings. If the shadows are just right outside I can go out, look all around the yard and not see her laying there in the open. I'll call her and these are the times she just lays there to see how long it will take me to see her. Today I lost Gracie. I forgot I let her go outside to potty and thought she was inside. It started raining outside, I went all thru the house calling for her and looking for her. Finally I opened the door just in case, sure enough, she was waiting for me to let her in. Poor thing.

bridey_01

Kelpiefied
We have an expert at hide and seek here. He's a chihuahua, buddy and he finds the MOST ridiculous places to sleep. We have found him in drawers, the pots and pan cupbourd (he SLEEPS in the pots!) curled up in a pot-plant and lately he has take to sleeping in a nest made of plastic bags. My mum refuses to do any training with him, so he never comes when he's called. Sometimes we have spent hours searching, only to find he's jumped into a cupboard when no one was looking and is now stuck in there!

Zoom

Twin 2.0
I don't think I could lose Sawyer if I tried. The dog is attatched by Velcro most days, a 5 foot lead if it's hot and he wants to lie on the tile. Although one day at the park he got to following another dog and forgot I was still by the lake. I found him up at the beginning of the park where we always sit so I can put on his lead.

Allyse718

I want 2 b a dog 4 a day
My dogs love to run out the door when I'm carrying things in. Jasmine and Maggie don't really do it as much, but whenever Katy gets a chance, she's GONE! We have a community pool in our neighborhood, and one day I opened the door and out went Katy, through the gate to the pool and in for a swim! Some of the parents freaked out, but the kids were playing with her. One of the kids actually called her a pony. She just loves to scare me to death!

Manchesters said:
I lost a Doberman in here, right from under my nose!!!!!!!! That dog had squished herself into that crate!!!! It was about big enough for a Whippet!!!!!
Why would an 80 lb. dobie squish himself into a tiny crate? That's absurd unless they're terrified of what might happen if they don't...

M

Manchesters

Squished, Lol.

EliNHunter said:
Why would an 80 lb. dobie squish himself into a tiny crate? That's absurd unless they're terrified of what might happen if they don't...
A 300 wire crate is NOT a tiny crate. Dobes are usually kept in 400 crates. And perhaps Doberluv will be able to explain Doberman humor to you. Then you will believe it!

Doberluv

Doberhumor is very odd. Manchesters is right about that. Lyric makes me laugh hard every single day. He's flat out funny! He's like one of those little kids that have that devilish, mischieveous look in their eyes, like the wheels are constantly turning and they're trying to dream up something they can pull on you. They're also very agile and can bend and squish and wriggle like nobody's business.

Glad you found your dog Manchesters. Sometimes I call and call Chulita and I am panicked that she's gotten eaten by some wild animal and then I remember, I never did let her out of the house with the other dogs. LOL. Getting that addled way.

Staff online

Members online