TTouch (Tellington Touch)

Dreeza

I randomy came across a site about this ttouch thingy...

has anyone done it?

i dont really get how a massage will stop leash pulling/chewing/aggression..etc

well..actually come to think of it, when i am really cranky, a massage helps, lol, but oakley doesnt pull or bite cuz he is cranky...he happens to think its all fun and games, lol

but yea...share any experiences or knowledge you have of it please :)

Saje

Island dweller
I've taken a course in that. i was 14 I think so I don't remember everything. But it's really great! It's not just massage. It's really worthwhile to take the course and learn more about it.

Dreeza

ok, cool, i think i may look into it...

anyone else know more about it...or more specifics (stuff you cant find out till you pay for the course, lol)

i just want to know how it can help agressiveness, and jumping up, etc

It's not a training problems solver at all. It's just a way to relax an animal. It works on pressure points and the small circles are simply soothing and helps an animal just chillax so it will work with you better. The only cure to any behavioural or training problem is proper training.

Dreeza

yeah, thats what i figured, but the website i was looking at seems to claim it will help those things...

thats why i was asking

Saje

Island dweller
It does help with some thing. But the course I took was for horses and I really can't remember the specifics. I still have the folder from it! Somewhere.... I remember they got a horse to stand and have his sheath cleaned - soemthing he hated.

Mordy

Quigleyfied
it's a great help to teach dogs better awareness of their bodies as well. good stuff! :)

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Yeah, I saw a demo of TTouch and it involved wrapping an Ace bandage in a specific way around the dog's body so it would have a better idea of where it was spatially, and that coupled with the massage is supposed to work wonders.

Well what TTouch will do is make a nervoud or high strung animal relax and therefore make it easier to work with so implementing training will be easier. Like doing a bit of TTouch before a walk which a dog goes nuts for may cool it out so it's more easy-going during the walk and not straining all the time.

Saje

Island dweller
If you have the chance, Dreeza, take the course. It's so interesting if nothing else.

Dreeza

grr...the course by me, the signup date was the 6th, i missed it :(

but there is a person that i can make an appt with, and she will do it to oakley and teach me it...so i am assuming its similar to the course?

Members online

No members online now.