May have found my new dog

Irish

As I posted before, we are looking for a puppy. But, today on the Humane Society webside I found a 2-year-old shepard mix named Niobe that is beautiful. I called her foster mom and we've arranged to meet tomorrow at the Humane Society. I am bringing Bear too to make sure they will get along. If all goes right, Niobe will be mine! They say she is VERY sweet and smart. I'm excited.

GSDFan05

Let us know how it goes with Niobe, it's great that you're adopting a dog from a shelter. Good luck and keep us updated! ;)

Irish

Thanks everyone! :) Yes Rene, her picture is on the their website. It is the Michigan Humane Society and then you click the Rochester Hills location. The dogs and cats are in alphabetical order of their names. Her name is Niobe. I don't know how you bring a website here or else I'd do it so you could just click on it.

I have to start educating myself more! I would also love to post pics of Bear and my new dog but I don't know how. Its one of many things I keep saying I've got to do, but never do :confused:

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Even if they don't hit it off right away doesn't necessarily mean they won't be buddies in the end. Mary didn't speak to me for 3 weeks after i brought Victor home..she was still in mourning for Bronki and was the saddest dog you ever saw. ON the second day she played for a few minutes with him, but other wise ignored both him and me. Each day was a little more and a little more. Now they are so close. The first night he climbed onto the feather mattress next to her and sighed...she didn't growl at him, but she didn't look at him either. He was just there for her and now he kisses her ears and is so tender..not as much as Bronki was but more then i think the average dog would be.

Irish

I will let you all know how it goes tonight. Thanks a lot Gaddy for bringing her web page here for me!!

Smkie - I do worry how Bear will take this. I know he'll come around in time, but he is SUCH the "only child" right now! I just don't want to hurt his feelings. I will give him tons of extra love of course.

Members online

No members online now.