Nanook

Saje

Island dweller
I thought I'd update you on Nanook. The last few days she's been so good with her 'sit.' It's harder for her to learn because she's so hyper. I think she has ADD :p Normally she's too wound up to do it for food or to come inside... but she has started sitting to come in - granted the bum is not on the ground very long - and she's sitting to get attention. And just about five minutes ago she came over and sat infront of me rather than jumping all over! She got SO much attention that jealous little Mikey came over. They were both getting love but they just CAN'T share and started a fight. I don't know WHO started it but they are both out in the rain burning of some steam with maverick. :p Anyway I'm pleased with her sitting. Maverick learned everything in a day it seemed! And Mikey is a bit more reluctant and will lay down but still be all tense and ready to pop back up and Nanook.... she's the worst of them all! LOL But she also has the most distractions. Maverick only had Mini to catch his interest.

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
Lol im glad to hear she's doing so well for her hyper activity lol. I just love her and Mikey and Mav of course but because she has some Husky in her i have an extra soft spot for her ;).

Saje

Island dweller
Well I hate parting with anything but I know she'd be SO happy :D Her and mikey are TOO much alike. Both stubborn, needy jealous little pups. lol

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
lol well maybe not with Pakak, Zeus, and Stinker here she would have triple the trouble. Nope she's all yours lol I'll just spoile her rotton.

sheesh my toes are cold

Saje

Island dweller
Oh yeah! AND the whole pooping thing WAS Nanook and it WAS that she just didn't know how to tell us. We've only had that problem once since I brought it up before and that's because I didn't lock her in the bedroom with us if. If she sleeps with us she scratches at the door in the morning but if she's locked out in the main part of the house she doesn't know how to get us up. So that's good. I think she'll get more confidence when she realizes that I WILL get up and let her out.

Saje

Island dweller
If she wasn't spayed would she have gone through a cycle since we've gotten her? She hasn't shown any signs of it yet and I've never had an unspayed dog before. :confused: I know I should take her to the vet but you know my $$$ situation.

The first heat can be anywhere between 6 and 11 months, I think mostly depending on breed. How old is Nanook now?

Call the humane society and ask if they have any coupons for spaying your dog. We have the SNIP program--Spay/Neuter Incentive Program--where we give out vouchers good for a percentage off the procedure at a participating vet. (The vets volunteer their time. You're basically paying for materials only.)

Saje

Island dweller
They estimated her to be about 8 months but I think she is a bit older since she was there for 3 or 4 months and I really didn't see her grow and she hasn't grow here. The one of the vet's here gives about 10% off but I still can't afford it right now. Is there any way to know if she's been done or not? I guess she'd have a scar wouldn't she?

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
I would think that she'd have a scar, but not sure!! Good girl for being so smart and learning to sit!! :D She'll be a show off like Gus in no time at all!! :D

Saje

Island dweller
lol I don't think so. :D Maverick is funny because he knows SO many things but if I have a GREAT treat in my hand he'll do them all at the same time and not even listen to me. I'll say SIT and he'll jump up and I'll say DOWN and he'll give me his paw. I always get a good laugh out of it.

BigDog2191

Big German Shepherd
That's exactly what Rocky does!

I always ask him to sit down or lie down for food or water.

Well, whenever he's really hungry he'll just throw himself on the ground in a lie down position and back up in the sitdown. Continuously until I put the bowl down, it's like he's doing push ups! :)

Members online

No members online now.