!@@%!$@^!! Rant!!!!!

R

RedyreRottweilers

What are people thinking? EVER? DO THEY EVER????

So today I am at my sister in law's house. I look down the street towards one of my dad's rentals, and to my horror I see a small child (4 maybe?) out in the back yard with a Siberian Husky and 2 large black dogs who appear to be labs. One lone small child. Three large dogs. No adult in sight. :yikes::yikes:

Goose flesh comes up on me, and I shout at my SIL to come out immediately, that I have to go down there.

I go down in my van to the front gate, which is padlocked. I stand there, and all 3 dogs eventually come to the fence, along with kid. In just a few here comes a woman, I presume the tenant.

At this time the 2 large back dogs begin to feed off each other and start to bark and grumble back and forth between themselves at my presence. I back off as I am telling the woman as nicely as I can how dangerous this situation is, that it is the classic set up for a terrible dog incident.

(The 2 big black dogs are VISITING DOGS, do not live in the home, small child, 3 large dogs, no adult present, HEADLINE SETUP)

I told her to please not leave the child outdoors with these 3 big dogs, esp. with the 2 visiting dogs, because I don't want to read about her in the headlines. I reiterate how dangerous this situation could be.

I get a blank look, and pretty much nothing else. However, I did my duty and informed her that what she was doing was so dangerous.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE??????????

:mad::mad:

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Well obviously since none of the dogs are "dangerous dogs" nothing will happen. :rolleyes: :(

At least today isn't the day for anything to happen.

noludoru

Bored Now.
Oh my god, Red..... that is insane. I don't even begin to understand why that doesn't terrify her out of her wits, regardless of how sweet the dogs are. :mad:

You did a good job though.... maybe your words will sink in and her kid wont become a statistic. :(

RD

Are you dead yet?
:( It's sad that this happens so often - I see children in my own neighborhood walking around with 2-3 large (larger than the kids, anyway) around. sometimes they know the dog, sometimes they don't. =/

I adore dogs, but I wouldn't let my dogs play with strange dogs on the street and I certainly wouldn't trust my child with them.

Where's the head bashing smiley??

Lilavati

Arbitrary and Capricious
I think I was allowed to be alone with the corgi at that age . . . but that was our dog. I think I was told to leave the ancient standard poodle alone, and I believe I did so. But i don't think any effort was really made to separate me from the dogs. Then again, they were our dogs.

Sounds to me like there were some Stoopid genes doin' their stoopid thang at that house, Red. You did what you could.

Now, you know if something DOES happen those three dogs are suddenly going to become GSDs, Rotties or Pits when the report's written :rolleyes:

ACooper

Wow, around 4 years old?? And these were "visiting dogs" ??

*sigh* These are the same type people who let their little kids run all over the neighborhood and then you will see them on the news saying "but I just turned my head for a minute and they were gone" :rolleyes:

I know growing up we played all day long with OUR OWN dogs..........and honestly the dogs watched out for us and kept us safe, but NOT at that young of an age, and NOT with strange dogs.........My mom would have had a heart attack!

bubbatd

These may have been visiting dogs , but the child's mother knew and trusted them . Not knowing the situation I don;t have any input . I trusted all my Goldens with any children around . Not a nip in over 50 years .

anna84

I have a kid that age hanging around my house right now, my family helps to take care of her, she has all her "doggie manners down" no rough play, ask before you pet other peoples dogs, etc And still I doubt that I would even allow a guest to bring over a large dog to hangout at my house. Especially with my dogs since there's so much that could go wrong there. Those 3 wouldn't even have to be people agressive, they'd just have to get a in a pissing match with her dog and then her kid ends up in the middle...Oh I hate idiots

R

RedyreRottweilers

Grammy, no one in their right mind would leave a 4YO outside unsupervised with 3 dogs who are twice the size and weight of the child, ESPECIALLY when 2 dogs are not of the home.

A child was just killed 2 weeks ago in Arizona in the SAME CIRCUMSTANCES.

3 dogs are a pack. *I* am careful even with my own personal dogs when they are out more than 2 at a time. It would take only one slight screwup for an altercation to break out with those dogs and seconds to have a dead child.

NEVER worth the risk. My position is that children who are not old enough to control a dog should never be unsupervised with dogs. 3 large dogs and a 4 year old outside together without an adult present? NEVER!!!!!

Members online

No members online now.