i like the smell of ferrets

Pops2

i also like the smell of shunk when you catch it on the wind while hunting or hiking (just not when it's all over the dog and he's trying to rub up on me).
my DW told me i am never allowed to say that in public.
what do you ladies here think?

I love the smell of my ferrets, though I cant say I like the smell of their litter box with six of them pooping in it

But the actual muskey smell of them I very much enjoy :)

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
I love a bit of ferret musk. Barrett was overwhelming when I first got him, though. Intact males are the WORST.

Now, both of mine have a very slight musk when you press your nose to their fur, and I love it. <3

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I love it too. When I was looking for a ferret I'd go to the exotic pet store in town and handle a few of them, and for hours afterwards my hands would have that musky smell... and I loved it!

LilahRoot

What do I think? Eww. That would be what I think. I really don't like the smell of a ferret, which would be why I don't own them anymore.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Ferrets have no smell really, unless you are shoving your nose right into them, or unless they are fed a crappy food, or not speutered.

I love the smell of skunk :)

Brattina88

Personally, I think kibble fed ferrets STINK! And intact hobs... Blehk! :rofl1:

I think my girls smell similar to grape soda... Murtagh's still I bit stinky, though :p

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
I don't like the smell of skunk...but I don't mind my musky scented ferrets, either. Although when they are kits DANG. Talk about overpowering. LOL

Bailey08

I don't like the smell. My brother had one.

They kind of freak me out in general though, so I'll admit a bias. (Probably didn't help that my brother's ferret was an albino!)

Romy

Taxiderpy
My brother loves the smell of skunks. He also loves skunk cabbage. He used to make bouquets out of it and put it in his room. :rofl1:

It's okay if it's not too strong. Like a freshly bathed ferret smells good. Still a bit musky, but not all built up.

Pops, you might like the way javalinas smell then. We can smell those down in the washes ages before we ever see them. lol!

noludoru

Bored Now.
Ferret smell makes me nauseous. Clean ferrets are okay, but I don't exactly like it.

Skunk smells, though, as long as it's in the distance? Love it.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
I absolutely LOVE the smell of a musky ferret as long as it isn't TOO overpowering. Mika stinks a little bit more than I would like her to but she's kibble fed and it's not the greatest food either... I had a huge bag that was given to me by her previous owners and I slowly want to switch her to something better, but just not sure what to yet.

Xandra

You think it's bad when your skunky dog is rubbing on you LOL

A few weeks ago Roman got sprayed DOWN THE THROAT. HE WAS BREATHING, BURPING AND FARTING SKUNK and I COULDN'T CLEAN IT OUT OF HIM.

And when he burped... I guess the skunk oil had like.. fermented in his stomach acid because it was putrid. I DID NOT LIKE IT AT ALL lol.

I can't remember what ferrets smell like.

Members online

No members online now.