what do you do in raining day with your dog

neko12_48767

I love my dog Neko
I made this thread because it rain out side today, and I need to get my dogs energy out before he has to go to the vets today. Our my mom and sister are going to have a good time. Cause I can't go because I have to work.

Fran27

Well the rain never bothered my boys, but I have a back yard. And they are two. The only problem I have with it is that the house is a huge mess afterwards...

Yeah i have the same problem, i have to practically drag shadow outside when its raining. Have you tried the flash light game. Turn a flash light on, point it at the floor and move it round, the dog will try to chase it, shadow loves it, and it tires her out! Works really good with those red laser keyrings, you know the one that make a lite that looks like the targeter thingy on a gun?

bogolove

Brady does not mind the rain at all. He sometimes asks to go out when it is raining. He has his igloo dog house under a gazebo, so if I was not home and it started raining and he was not in the mood for it, that is where I would find him, dry as can be.

I usually give him a bone when he is in a rowdy mood and it is too wet for playing outside. That usually keeps his attention for a while. And if not, then I put peanut butter on the bone and wedge it into every crack, and that will get his attention.

Buckshot

I hope my dog loves the rain because I do. Harsh weather forges the soul. In the army we said "If it aint raining it aint training" I really agree with that although some nasty hail storms have made me waver in this belief and I seem to think my soul doesnt need that much forging

The Girls hate the rain too. They'll only go outside in it if there's something interested out there or if they need to to go the bathroom. I personally like to stand in freezing rain and let it pour down on me.

I like to play indoor fetch with them sometimes. Otherwise, I stuff a KONG (www.kongcompany.com) with treats so their minds are exercised. You can play fetch with a KONG also - it's hard to know where they're going to bounce to, so it's a ton of fun for the dog.

luvmydogs

cuddle with them on the couch :p they dont like to go out in the rain at all...unless they have to go potty, for a split second

Y

yuckaduck

Umbrella time

If it is raining I hide under an umbrella and once Yuck figures out he can't fit under it too, he goes ahead and plays and does his thing. Try bringing him in later though, he thinks it is great to get all wet and shake it off on me. For the love of our pets.

M

Manchesters

Funny This Should Come Up

yuckaduck said:
If it is raining I hide under an umbrella and once Yuck figures out he can't fit under it too, he goes ahead and plays and does his thing. Try bringing him in later though, he thinks it is great to get all wet and shake it off on me. For the love of our pets.
We are having a nice Florida thunderstorm. I brought the boys in from outside just before it started, after they were done helping me fill the bird feeders. So they have stuffed their faces and are curled up asleep in their crates. The girls and I just go on as normal. They go out the front door and have the fenced in patio and fenced in carport to be under to do their business. I also have the patio covered its entire length (22 feet), and it goes out 7 feet.

The birds outside use the green stop-a-squirrel feeders as shelter from the rain. The feeders have tops and sides that project out a ways, so gives the cardinals, finches and twitmice, etc shelter.

The tower feeders have 6 perches, and are protected by the trash can lids, so whatever birds can sit on those kinda smaller perches stay under there. The squirrels just get drowned.

It has been really truly tough here for the critters. Ivan and Dennis pretty well took out all the branches and leaves. Left little protection from the rain as far as the trees could give. There is a big fat brilliantly red male cardinal tucked away under one of the feeders as I type this. And he is also under the overhand of the carport out on lot 2 (lot 2 is outside my own fenced yard in here. It is also completely double fenced with chain link and stockade. I only let the kiddies out on lot 2 when I go out with them. It is pretty huge........and needs to be mowed, but that is another story....rofl.

If it's not too bad out, I bring them out to walk too. I remember maybe two years ago, we had walked the girls and it started to rain. I decided to walk again, we walked past a man who was standing in his garage with his daughter. He looked at me as if I were crazy - I am lol :D. I was sopping wet.

beagle_lovergirl

Stare at my avatar....
Bubbles. She LOVES bubbles. And balloons too. I guess she likes the loud popping sounds but they've scared the crud out of me more than once :D

Members online

No members online now.