The Good News thread

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
I think I'm officially the luckiest person in the world. I remember watching The Incredible Dog Challenge on TV, hoping that I would be good enough to compete there one day. Ya... I was one of the freestyle judges today!!! Holy crap you guys.
So exciting :D Congrats, you are an inspiration to many i'm sure

Airn

Gwen and I did an agility event yesterday. It was a "Fun Run". This is a new club (haven't had a trial yet) so it was mostly to get the dogs some ring time and experience.

Gwen has jumped before. And has done the tunnel maybe three times. She was very over-stimulated but calmed down wonderfully with treats and praise. She embarrassed the hell out of me :rofl1: But not really. She ran around and was scared of the tunnel the first time. I had my SO come in the ring and we managed to get her doing jumps, tunnel, A-frame, dog walk and ZOOMIES. She got so happy to run around and she did jumps like a champ. She's just so fast and we haven't worked on pacing at all.

I really think we can do this. We have a loooong way to go but she's a brillant dog and I will do whatever I can to make her happy.

The group is sooo friendly. I was worried they would be snobby but they were helpful. Several spent time after the run to teach us how to do the teeter-totter. Gwen never did the full thing but we didn't want to scare her and end on a bad note.

(I did get nervous when everyone hailed the trainers that I went to see a few weeks ago. The trainer was there and dragged his dog by the collar out of the ring because he pooped in the ring. Thankfully I found out the reason people recommend them is because they are the only trainers within a few hours. I will not be going to them regardless.)

She tried so hard yesterday and we have both come such a long way. She settled with all the people and dogs and even got a belly rub/massage and was completely chill. Even took food from everyone. She ate so much yesterday :popcorn:

(I even got to meet a Finnish Lapphund! He was gorgeous and so sweet. There was also a dobe puppy named Cat and I immediately thought of Stark when I saw her. Fearless puppy!)

Basically, I have an awesome dog and I'm so proud of her. :D

JazzyTheSibe

Love is 4 legged word
I think I'm officially the luckiest person in the world. I remember watching The Incredible Dog Challenge on TV, hoping that I would be good enough to compete there one day. Ya... I was one of the freestyle judges today!!! Holy crap you guys.
Congrats! That's so exciting.

Well I did the "irresponsible" thing and put in my notice at work so that I can devote all of my time to my business and training my own dogs. Woo!!! Hoping this all works out :D
Good luck with your business. I hope all goes well.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Very sad to be out of Indiana, but happy to be home. If we could just pick the house up and move it to Indiana we'd all be happy.

But *so* happy to be home.

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
My baby dog has been so good today. She's been kenneled most of the day while I was at school and josh was sleeping. Just chilling like an awesome girl. Best decision of my life was making sure she was crate trained early!

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
Thanks guys! It's not a MASSIVE move (from a dog daycare to a pet supply store) but I'm looking forward to the change. :)
Congrats! I bet you'll love it. I loved my stint working at a pet specialty shop WAY more than I ever loved daycare (though the daycare was Petsmart. Not a good comparison.)

Tortilla

Blonde Raccoon
Congrats! I bet you'll love it. I loved my stint working at a pet specialty shop WAY more than I ever loved daycare (though the daycare was Petsmart. Not a good comparison.)
Thanks! That actually reassures me a bit. I'm excited but now that I've actually given my notice and it's official I'm a little nervous. :p But I definitely think it's the right move.

The daycare was fun but I've been there for two and a half years now and I'm kind of burnt out. Plus some of my co-workers were pretty catty about each other and I'm just glad to be away from it. But I'm gonna miss the dogs so much. :(

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
Thanks! That actually reassures me a bit. I'm excited but now that I've actually given my notice and it's official I'm a little nervous. :p But I definitely think it's the right move.

The daycare was fun but I've been there for two and a half years now and I'm kind of burnt out. Plus some of my co-workers were pretty catty about each other and I'm just glad to be away from it. But I'm gonna miss the dogs so much. :(
Bolded is the toughest part, no question. Daycare really allows you to form a bond with so many dogs. I cried whenever one moved away or whatever.

The good news is, I assume your pet store allows pets to come in, yes? I loved my regulars at Global and miss them like crazy too. :D

noludoru

Bored Now.
Interview tomorrow for a job I really want. It's suited to my capabilities and my needs, and I know my boss already. I'm interviewing with her boss. Commute would be easy (where I used to work - 15 minutes away now) and Crossfit is 5 minutes away from them, on my way home. Also on my way home is my preferred grocery store and Target.

JazzyTheSibe

Love is 4 legged word
Interview tomorrow for a job I really want. It's suited to my capabilities and my needs, and I know my boss already. I'm interviewing with her boss. Commute would be easy (where I used to work - 15 minutes away now) and Crossfit is 5 minutes away from them, on my way home. Also on my way home is my preferred grocery store and Target.
Yay! Good luck,& I hope everything goes well.

Members online

No members online now.