My puppy is starting to get fat!

Bug

I have noticed lately that my min pin, Charlie, is turning in to a fat little guy. Im not quite sure what to do to help him keep weight off, but all I know is he runs around a lot, so I try to keep him in shape. I know that there is diet doggy food, but he is only four months old and Im not sure if he is too young for that kind of food. Plus I heard froma friend who also has a min pin, that once I nueter him, he will gain a lot more weight. But if he isnt too young for a diet where do I start, and what kind of food do I give him? Any info would help, THANKS!

Bug

Well, see thats the thing he really doesnt weight that much, he only weights about five pounds. But the problem is he is getting a fat belly.

I'm not at all familiar with how much small dogs like a Mini Pin weigh, but it's possible he's picked up worms. That's actually easy for them to do and will give them a belly-bloated look. Your vet can check him to find out.

Bug

Well I know for sure he doesnt have worms, so I dont think its that.

It was just a thought, we have to check ours every so often because they catch - and eat - groundhogs, rabbits, pretty much any kind of game that gets in their way, and they can get worms from eating game. So far they haven't picked any up, but it's always a good place to start.

Members online

No members online now.