Lucas can be such a bratt....

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
and so sweet in the same night!! He started bugging me at like 1:30 am here to let him outside, right after I started to drift off to sleep. I was so groggy when I finally got up to let him out that I didn't even realize there were three racoon in the yard! :eek: Lucas darts right out at them (obviously he saw them right away). In my grogy stuper the only thing on my mind was "This night air feels sooo good! Maybe I should sleep outside" :rolleyes: lol. Then I finally realized Lucas at the fence arwooowoowoooing at the fence and I looked over and two young racoons where stuck on top of the fence hissing their heads off at Lucas. That sure made me wake up fast and that's when I saw the big mommy or daddy racoon on the tree and it looked like it was going to pounce right on Lucas!! :eek: Scared the crap out of me so I called Lucas back and he came about halfway to me and stopped. Had one look back and came inside. I shut the door and the mommy/daddy racoon climbed the tree and the young ones took a few minutes to figure out how to jump off the fence on to the tree. So I'm sure Lucas scared the hell out of those poor baby racoons and me at the same time! Then he goes with me and lays in my bed (which is fine since I called him up lol) The funny thing was I was laying on my bed width wise and only took up maybe a fourth of the bed while Lucas takes up the rest. lol. The sweetest thing was when I finally got comfortable I was laying on my side facing Lucas with one arm under my pillow and the other just layed out on the bed towards him. He gets up looks at me for a moment and then scooches his way toward me and lays his big fluffy head right on my arm. I couldn't help but go "awwwww" cause I thought it was the cutest thing in the world!

That was until I smelt him! He smelt sooo sweet like he had rolled in some more tree sap (which is everywhere) and it was strong but he was sleeping so peacefully so I didn't want to move and the smell wasn't that bad at all. So I try going to sleep and after a few minutes my hand starts falling asleep and I can't go to sleep with that feeling in my hand, but Lucas looks so sound asleep I didn't have the heart to wake him up. So I tried slowly moving my hand away but everytime I got my hand halfway out from under his lug of a head he moves closer and back over it! LOL He is such a baby. Finally he gets up and moves and my hand is free!!! YAY! So I get to sleep for an hour and now I'm up to go to school for the first day, lol. :D

nedim

Awww, what a good boy Lucas is for listening to his mommy and coming inside. Get some sleep, so you're not tired for school! lol

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
nedim said:
Awww, what a good boy Lucas is for listening to his mommy and coming inside. Get some sleep, so you're not tired for school! lol
I KNOW!! He has been listening to me a lot lately! I think he matured this year lol :p

Barb04 said:
Glad you got Lucas in. He sounds like a great companion.
He is :) He is my big baby boy lol :D

I had somthing similar happen one night, Tank ran out around 2am and then bolted to the back of the yard behind my boat and started arooo'ing to wake the neighborhood. I went back there to see what it was and he had a opossum stuck up on the top of the fence and it was afraid to move because the fence was shaking from Tank standing on it, but safe because the boat was blocking Tank from getting to it. Dont know if it was same one but a month later Tank went out around 10 pm and shot into the bushes then he came trotting out and dropped a possum on the ground, scrared me because it was huge opossum and I was afraid it may have bit him, but no scratch's or bites, just one dead opossum. He was on a roll that week, got 2 rabbits also.

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
Did tank have a big happy grin on his face like he was soooo proud of him self after getting that opossum?? lol

Becca_

chowchow
Years back our dog had a hugh raccoon stuck on the fence. The thing was so scared but was able to back it's way out. Another time it was barking like mad, wouldnt stop. I went to see what was going on and under a bush next to the house was this hugh snapping turtle! It nipped the dog's nose, left a scratch on it. We got it to the other side of the fence and two days later the thing was back under our bush! That time we caut it and took it to the other side of the river.

bogolove

What a sweet boy he is! I love it when they do that. I know the feeling - you are uncomfortable, but you don't want to move because they are so sweet.

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
bogolove said:
What a sweet boy he is! I love it when they do that. I know the feeling - you are uncomfortable, but you don't want to move because they are so sweet.
That's exactly it!! :D I'm not sure if he was doing it so he could be comforted or if I could, but it worked both ways I think. lol Cause it made me smile big time! :D

Babyblue5290 said:
Did tank have a big happy grin on his face like he was soooo proud of him self after getting that opossum?? lol
Of course! LOL He trotted out and stood there with his tail wagging looking from me to the opossum waiting for the scratch on the ear and a well done from me for taking out the sneaky opossum.
Its great that he pay's attention to you and obey's like that. I have to admit, Tank get's soooo focused on things some times that he tunes me and the rest of the world out. My mom said its payback for when I was a kid and did not pay attention to them.

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
LOL Lucas use to have that same selective hearing, but for a few months now he has been really obedient and hears almost everything I say clearly lol. Maybe it's the ear wash? lol :D

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
How old is he now? i am really glad he listened cause mom (it would have been a mom) could have been fierce in her protections....tell him he's a good boy for me and to leave those Racoons alone!

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
He's 4, his b-day is in march. But the last few months he's been great at listening to me! I never thought he'd actually leave the racoons and come inside. I thought he'd just ignore me and go after the more attractive things lol. BUt he listened and I was soo happy, even though I was also sooo tired lol.

I know Smkie, I was really worried that racoon was going to hurt him! But it ended good and I'm happy lol :p I'll give him your message! :D lol

Members online