Agility training

SpringerLover

That... Is interesting.

I'll give it a shot with Recon tonight and see if I don't strangle him (accidentally!) in the process.
How old is Recon now? I know Bailey struggled with footwork as a youngster but as her body started to figure itself out, her weaves improved as well. Some of it may be physical maturity?

That... Is interesting.

I'll give it a shot with Recon tonight and see if I don't strangle him (accidentally!) in the process.
I don't think you need it. Recon is keeping his head low as it is. I'd work on channels or WAM first- I think that will solidify his footwork even more so.

DJEtzel

How old is Recon now? I know Bailey struggled with footwork as a youngster but as her body started to figure itself out, her weaves improved as well. Some of it may be physical maturity?
He is 21 months - And I was sort of thinking the same thing. He's just a little awkward with his body still. We were tugging in class last night and as I was swinging him around, he let go and went flying, doing tumbles across the room. :rolleyes:

I don't think you need it. Recon is keeping his head low as it is. I'd work on channels or WAM first- I think that will solidify his footwork even more so.
Really? I thought his head seemed pretty high... and when she mentioned jumping in with the shoulders at the beginning, that sounded familiar. He just kind of plows into everything. Idk. This crap is hard.

He's butt high! :rofl1:

I think it could be lower.
I do too actually, but I still don't think it should be your focus. Use that set of WAM in your yard! I would almost bet you money that if you get swimming footwork (single stepping) that his head will naturally drop to where you want it.

DJEtzel

Just realized while checking Q records that my mailing address was wrong and we've missed out on two titles now, being sent to us. :(

Corrected it and emailed them, but I don't know if we'll be able to get copies of them or not, still. I'm a little bummed. Recon's first titles, ya know!?

Nonetheless, got my premium filled out for this weekend - heading across the state with Wildo (Pimg and Jinks) to play in Dexter with Recon. Maybe we can knock out another title while we're there. Into level two for most classes finally!

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Just realized while checking Q records that my mailing address was wrong and we've missed out on two titles now, being sent to us. :(

Corrected it and emailed them, but I don't know if we'll be able to get copies of them or not, still. I'm a little bummed. Recon's first titles, ya know!?
Yeahhhh that happened with Webster's MACH and lifetime bronze title certs.

FG167

Love Siri!! She is so zippy and happy.
I'm going to second this, she is awesome. I don't personally want to get a little dog again but after Eden passes (20 years from now), Josh wants to get a Terrier.

I found somewhere to train agility close by!! So excited to get back to running real courses.
Ah isn't that the best feeling! I am excited to work towards running real courses. I haven't had a really awesome place to train agility since I first started with my first dog...6 years ago.

Nonetheless, got my premium filled out for this weekend - heading across the state with Wildo (Pimg and Jinks) to play in Dexter with Recon. Maybe we can knock out another title while we're there. Into level two for most classes finally!
I had that happen with Eden and they resent them for me. But that was AKC...you are CPE?

I've heard awesome things about Dexter, good luck to both of you!

In my news:
We had agility class last night and Limit did AWESOME! We started our
very first sequence. Curved u tunnel, a jump, and a totally closed
chute. He originally had problems with both tunnels when we first
started. I love our class. She emphasizes safety and foundation and
that is just doing wonders for Limit. Each class he comes out super
excited. He used to hide when I brought him to work, he hated going to
work with me. But when he knows we're going to class, he zoomies
around the backyard and he doesn't want to potty, then as soon as he
potties he flies to the front and waits at the car. He LOVES class. He
used to walk up the hill with his tail tucked between his little bow
legs. Now he pulls up the hill, tail wagging. It makes me so so so
happy. Anyway, I've been experimenting with different toys for his
reward and his favorite is the gappay ball on a rope (figures). We
backchained the sequence and I used food and then I loaded him up on
the ball and did the whole thing and WOW, he's FAST! It was AWESOME.
The adrenaline rush of him running with me and actually having fun was
huge. An experienced handler in the class mentioned it several times how awesome he was doing. My instructor likes him too because when we're teaching him something new (like a new jump grid), he's very thoughtful and careful. Once he has it, he adds speed.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
AKC has been pretty good about resending certificates, I've found. It's quite nice actually. I had one destroyed by the postal service, it looked like the mail person dropped it in a puddle and then it ripped up because it was so wet. I sent them a letter suggesting maybe they should start sending stuff in a poly bag so things could be protected from rain, and they were like "Sorry about that, we'll just send you another." Oh. Well thanks!

I have eight days before I run the puppies at the local trial and haven't bothered to work on Payton's contacts since the fun run. Not so much that I haven't BOTHERED exactly, I've just been a teensy bit busy training for the half. I don't even know how effective I'll be at running him at the trial. Georgie I think I can handle, there is no RUN LIKE BALLS required with Georgie. Payton... uh. I think I'll just drink heavily until I no longer hurt, and then no matter what happens I won't care, because I will be drunk.
I don't know why I even entered them. Yes I do. Because my mom talked me into it.

I told her last weekend "Watch Georgie be my first MACH dog. I'll put a MACH on Georgie and Payton will still be in Open..."

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Yay we broke our NQ streak. Finally. We took home the only p1 snookers Q of any height. It was a great run. Our gamblers went great except the gamble. We did get 1st but NQ. Jumpers I left her collar on accidentally so we got eliminated. Whoops

Last edited:

DJEtzel

Yeahhhh that happened with Webster's MACH and lifetime bronze title certs.
Oh no! Were you ever able to get them?

I had that happen with Eden and they resent them for me. But that was AKC...you are CPE?

I've heard awesome things about Dexter, good luck to both of you!

Yeah, CPE. I emailed so we will see... Thank you! I have heard good things about this venue, too. Should be fun!

Members online