Need thoughts, vibes, suggestions, etc.

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
The dogs have been sick for the last month and a half. It started with Charlie going off her food, throwing up bile, and not eating. Moved on to the next food and she started eating, then back to throwing up bile along with the other four dogs also being sick off and on and throwing up bile. Switched food, they'd get better and then more random throwing up. Yesterday I switched them to bottled water and twice a day feedings. Today I come home to two crates with bile, one with poop and one with pee.

All types of treats they were on when they started getting sick have been thrown out, bowls and food containers disinfected. They're not getting trash, there's nothing outside they're getting into. Vet suggested Pepcid, but that doesn't really have much affect.

I'm truly at a loss what's going on with them. Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
Have you checked for parasites? What about giardia - I know that can pass from dog to dog in a household and the dogs I know who have had it seemed to have poop and bile vomit issues.

Brattina88

I was going to say similar ^
Vet time. Did they test for giardia or other parasites? If it's been a month and a half they need to be checked out and tested (more).

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
Charlie had been seen by a vet who suggested famotidine. We also had dogs at work at the same time becoming randomly sick, and here at home we had also just started a new food, treats, and chews. We (as in my vet, the vet at work, as well as shelter staff) went on a wait and see if it resolved as the work dogs had, and to eliminate the food items. Then two weeks in the others started getting sick (its been one month and not one and a half like I previously thought). So yes, they have been seen by a vet, just wanted to see if anyone else had any ideas.

As it may, we ran another fecal today and the dogs have coccidia and roundworms (wtf). A few more days of chicken and rice and if all is well they'll go back to eating one food vs switching brands every bag. Both vets figure the constant switching caused gastrointestinal upset plus adding in parasites which didn't help much as the cause of throwing up the bile.

Now to find a food I'm happy with.

Members online

No members online now.