waahhhh..... sniff, sniff

nancy2394

I think my secret santa must have forgotten about me....:( I thought maybe the mail was just running a little slow. Oh well, I'm just glad my gifts got to my person and she likes them.:)

keyodie

Keyozilla
We're having the same problem with OSS. :( I can't believe someone wouldn't follow through with something like that. Especially if someone got something really awesome for their person but got nothing in return. :(

Oh srry u havent got your hope u get it soon:)
if i had enough money left i would get u one:D
I havent got my online one yet

Saje

Island dweller
Yup me neither. It's ok though. I'm not traumatized :p

<sob>

lol

That really stinks....I'm so sorry. It's so important when people make a commitment like this that they follow through with it.:( ((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))) to Nancy & Saje!!

nancy2394

I didn't want to come off like I was whining or anything.... I guess my feelings were just a bit hurt because I felt like I didn't matter. But it's really no big deal... maybe there's a reason my secret santa never followed through with their commitment. Even if I knew ahead of time I wouldn't be getting anything.. I still would have gotten what I did for my person.

Julie

I am back again.
I didn't want to come off like I was whining or anything.... I guess my feelings were just a bit hurt because I felt like I didn't matter. But it's really no big deal... maybe there's a reason my secret santa never followed through with their commitment. Even if I knew ahead of time I wouldn't be getting anything.. I still would have gotten what I did for my person.
I think you should pm SummerRiot and ask her who was supposed to send your gift. Or at least ask her if they are still a member here. ?? :D

I think next year it should be made clear... that the organizer of the secret santas will display a big reveal on a specific day... Everyone will know ahead of time and if they decide not to follow thru they will look like......well you know! :yikes:

nancy2394

I think you should pm SummerRiot and ask her who was supposed to send your gift. Or at least ask her if they are still a member here. ?? :D

I think next year it should be made clear... that the organizer of the secret santas will display a big reveal on a specific day... Everyone will know ahead of time and if they decide not to follow thru they will look like......well you know! :yikes:

That's probably a good idea. Maybe that way, people will be more apt to follow through with their committment. I just wish my secret santa has sent me a PM and told me that for whatever reason... they were unable to send me a gift. I would have been fine with that... things happen, I understand. I just hate the fact that I got all excited with the anticipation of getting something and watched the mail day after day for nothing.

I really am not angry... it's not a big deal. I just felt like I needed to get it off my chest and wanted to see if I was the only one who didn't get anything.

RD

Are you dead yet?
Oh, that's awful! I'm sorry Nancy and Saje. :( I really enjoyed picking out gifts for my SS but I would've been very disappointed if I never recieved anything.

Lizmo

Water Junkie
I think that Cowgirl was in it...she has not been on in a looooong time :( It could have been her.

And for the OSS MIW is no longer on and she was part of it...soooo

I am sorry guys ((( Hugs ))) I hope you get it soon :)

nancy2394

I think that Cowgirl was in it...she has not been on in a looooong time :( It could have been her.

And for the OSS MIW is no longer on and she was part of it...soooo

I am sorry guys ((( Hugs ))) I hope you get it soon :)
speaking of cowgirl... where has she been? I hope everything is okay with her pregnancy. Maybe she's not been feeling well lately. If she was my secret santa I would not be upset she didn't send anything because I'd know she had a reason. I would, however, be a bit saddened to think if it was someone else who said they wanted to participate and got a gift from someone and then decided they weren't gonna do it and not let anyone know.

Lizmo

Water Junkie
Yes I hope she at least comes on soon and gives an update :) And I hope all is well! And I would never be mad either if she was mine...she probably has a very good reason ;)

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
To be blunt- that just sucks that someone would willingly sign up for something and then bail. Says a lot about their character.

I'm really sorry- for both the snail mail and online folks who didn't get their gifts.

Maybe it might a help a little to remember that the reason for the season isn't about the gifts anyways? Eh, probably not.. but I'm still sorry.

bubbatd

I'm worried about Cowgirl too ..... also some have been out due to illness. I forgive them !

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
The same thing happened to me last year on a different board, which kind of jaded me to Secret Santa swaps, at least with people that I don't know. It sucked, because I spent a lot of time/effort/money sending them their gift, and they didn't send anything! They didn't even say thanks until I PMed them asking about it! This was a swap without a price limit, too, and they wanted indestructable toys for their big dogs... so I got a bunch of Kongs & really high quality toys/chews that were expensive & I special ordered stuff.

rahhhh I'm done ranting. I would totally forgive some one who told me ahead of time not to expect anything for a legit reason, though. The important part is that you did the right thing and made some one really happy!

Members online

No members online now.