Can my parents have major vibes for Rocky?

Sweet72947

Squishy face
My parents' little black terrier mix, Rocky, is very sick right now. He had a bout of diarrhea and vomiting that seemed to clear up, but he wouldn't eat. And he developed a couple bumps under his skin. My mom went home to check on the dogs at lunch and Rocky's side was all bloody like he'd scratched it open or something. She took him immediately to the vet, where the said he had some bacterial infection and gave him an antibiotic shot and some other shot, and she brought him home. He began vomiting and having diarrhea again, they took him to a different vet who said it wasn't what the first vet said, and Rocky may have had a reaction to the shots. He had four hours of subcues yesterday, and came home for the night, and went back at 8am for four more hours of subcues. Rocky has barely eaten, he's shedding his intestinal lining (he's having what I call the jelly poos), so of course his tummy doesn't feel good. He managed to eat some baby food at the vet. The vet has done tests and really isn't sure what this all is. My parents are bringing Rocky home right now, they say he's more alert. But can they have some vibes that Rocky will pull through this and be healthy again? I don't want them to lose another dog young (Rocky is only 5), not after Benji. :( :( :(

Daisy is doing very well though, she'll be 13 in June. :)

Snark

Mutts to you
Aw, poor Rocky! Sending major vibes that the vet can figure out what it is, and he feels better soon! Hugs to your parents, and you!

Sweet72947

Squishy face
Thank you for your kind words. Rocky is feeling a little better today. He ate some canned dog food and licked up some chicken broth. I misunderstood what my mom meant by lumps, he has these lesions all over his body that just erupted in one day, it wasn't even an overnight thing. My parents were thinking that he had a reaction to the nausea shot he was given, but I really don't think anti-nausea medication could cause this. The vets can't figure out what this is. Anyone have any experience with weird skin diseases? I almost wonder if he doesn't have some weird autoimmune disease. He also has swollen elbows, they kind of feel fluid-filled.

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
Looks like a reaction to something/skin infection. Sending vibes for Rocky, hopefully whatever is going on is figured out quickly and he's back to feeling better soon.

crazedACD

Oh no, poor guy :(. Major vibes, hope you can figure out what's going on!

The only thing I can think of is like blastomycosis... which is possible in VA but I'm not sure where it's been winter? Google has a lot of information on it..

Members online