So sad

Jess is being put to sleep this evening, I have known that this will happen for a while but now I know its today I just cant stop crying, I feel like I am letting her down but we have discussed her with the vets and dog behaviourists and its the only thing left, we have tried everything

Fran27

You're not letting her down, I really don't think that dogs are happy to feel that way. I forgot what the problem was, but if it's an agression issue, agressive dogs are NOT happy, they're scared most of their life, and you wouldn't want her to live that way.

I'm really sorry though :( Just keep in mind that it's for the best, and for her too.

bubbatd

This is so sad !! I didn't know there was a problem.....did it have to do with her litter ????

RD

Are you dead yet?
Aw, I'm so sorry GJ. :( If you don't mind my asking, what's going on?

Nope it didnt have to do with her litter, she had a fit, and ever since then she will attack other dogs and strangers, we have tried everything but the problem just gets worse

Oh, Jacks. I'm so terribly, terribly sad for you and Jess. It sounds like she may have had some sort of brain damage, either from whatever caused the fit or from the fit itself. This is so hard for you . . . She's not happy now. She's living in a cage of fear. What you are giving her is freedom from that cage . . .

Thanks guys, I have looked as far back on her parentage as poss and there are no history of fits, as you can imagine i was worried about the pups, jacks can be prone to epilepsy

bubbatd

Was she a good Momma for the babies ??? I'm so sorry for you...my I.B. had a brain tumor and it was so hard to deal with emotionally . Please keep in touch !!!

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
I'm so sorry for you. We just went through that with our pit mix Mack, except he was human aggressive and bit me and another person and caused stitches. She will be in a better place though, and atleast the puppies are old enough to be alone. Are you going to sell the puppys? I'm so sorry, she was a very pretty dog.

filarotten

Fila the love
I am so sorry you have to go thru this. It is heart wrenching. When we had our dane put to sleep for bone cancer it was devastating. I still cry when I think about it, now i wish I had done it sooner, all of the treatments we put him thru trying to save him.I now realize we were being selfish, but it is hard to let go of someone you love. I know in my heart it was for the best and in your jacks case it is the same. This way she is out of pain and any torture she might be going thru. She has a better place in dog heaven where she will once again be a happy healthy dog waiting for you and her babies. The main thing is to not feel guilty you have done everything you can for her, and I am sure she loves you as much as you love her. As humans we can only try to do what is best for our animals that we love so much.

Barb04

Super Moderator
So sorry to hear about Jess. It sounds like she was a good mom for her pups and was there for them while they needed her. Jess was very special and will always be in your heart and memories.

Staff online

Members online