Re-Intro

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
Been a member for years, but the last couple have mostly lurked with an occasional post here and there. What with having a puppy in the house again after 10 years, I'll admit I'm a bit rusty and feel it's time to get back into the dog community again!

I still have Kiba (now 11) and Stryder (now 9), my pair of black Schnauzers, Lincoln (almost 7) the Poodle and Charlie (now 4) the Collie mix. Tsuki passed back in 2013 from a brain tumor, not sure if I ever mentioned my kitty Alice but she disappeared in March of that year as well.

Working at an animal shelter here in Kennebunk, ME. such an awesome job and I've done and learned so much since being here the last 2.5 years. And of course working in a shelter, often means animals come home with you and never leave.

I adopted Nimbus beginning of last year after fostering her for a few months, skin infections and UTIs galore, I was a sucker for bringing a sick little Schnauzer home and she wormed her way into my heart shortly after losing Tsuki and no way in hell was I bringing her back.

Adopted a cat this Spring, Orecchio, FIV + and ears so scarred from severe ear mites they're like little cauliflowers. Went from a skinny ex tom cat and now he's a big old baby that demands wet food and sleeps on his own mini couch the rest of the time.

And then there's the new puppy, Olivander aka Ollie, he's 14 weeks old now and by looks we're going with a Brussels/Shih Tzu mix (mom was shih tzu looking we're told). A transfer up from Georgia, there was just something about him and he has seamlessly joined the pack. He's borrowed a lot at work for our children programs, the other day he went to a nursing home and was held and ohhed and ahhed at, they were so enamored with him and the pictures they got were just adorable.

And that's about it, other than the mini farm out back. Thirty or so chickens, 10 ducks, and my quartet of geese (omg I love them!). But I'll leave that for another post for another day.

Cookie to whomever reads it and remembers us!

Members online

No members online now.