New garden pics

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier

I think I need to unmake some new people. Why I don't know. Just because.
I like them. They are my people.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier

That one is a tribute to Morgan Freeman. I am glad he is a bee keeper and I am happy that he gets to live on a flower ranch. I hope with all my heart that my grandchildren will be able to show their grandchildren monarchs and be able to tell them about their incredible journey. I wish you luck, I Wish you well Butterfly.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier

Pretty much pleased over all with how the garden is this year. Heaven willing I have plans for what I want to do next year. Bakers Creek has shown on facebook that their are more morning glories to come from Japan, including a double, and there is a giant aster and a star phlox that are on my Birthday wish list. The mums are getting ready to bloom, and the strawberry patch is putting out another crop. I always miss the sunflowers when the are gone, even basically the lame ones this year that they are. Happy that my Arkansas Traveler is traveling. :) Next year I will build it a more permanent trellis. Hopefully that last hunk of privacy fence will fall down and give me 10 more feet of sunshine. Sometimes I just want to lean on it real hard and give it a helping hand but it is not my fence.

Last edited:

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I didn't think I would ever get a pic of the babies. THey are so fast.

I didn't meant to plant this here, but I am glad all the same it grew somewhere. IT sure isnt' a double purple is it, None look like the seed packet but I got those as the hardware store. Never again
THis one is forgiven tho. I wish GG could see it. She loves orange.

I am so glad I am not a little bug.

ANd their off.....

Last edited:

amberdyan

I don't always comment, but I always love your garden pictures! I live in an apartment and have teeny tiny garden, and then a slightly larger one at the community garden, but I can't wait to have enough space to grow a lot.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Let me know when you do and if I have seeds you would like I will share.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier

be still my heart, he still looks as handsome as he did when he was young.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
My little porch friend did a magic trick for me. I didn't know they could be periwinkle because that dried spilled paint is exactly that shade. So cool.

Ta Da are you impressed? I am. :)

Yesterday was a rough day, that rocked my boat and today has been letting the emotional dust settle back in to cope mode, so thank you little porch friend for being so delightful,.

Just for fun I asked him to pose in the sunlight for just a minute. He said Ok.
I hope our paths cross again.
I need to make a little sign saying look out for itty bitty frogs. He could sit on a dime.

tiny frog's tiny shadow

ON the flip side..had to use the flash because the flip side was dark this morning.

My garden and I were glad of the day 5 children came to play. I amd glad they are as happy to be here as much as we are happy to have them.

Zoen says he loves his cowabunga rope.

Last edited:

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier

Aiden my grandson named this toad Brock. Brock the toad just ate a horn worm. I thank Brock I do. Pretty good spot! Don't know how Brock was able to get so high up in the tomato bush. A good sized toad sitting on my tomatoes is a o k with me

This poor butterfly is awful torn up, but I never get close to them to even get a try so I wanted to share. Usually you see these by the creek water in the deeper part of the woods.

Last edited:

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I would remove this sunflower and hang it in the tree for the birds to finish up if this lady would hurry up and put those eggs somewhere. Every day I check, I finally cut off all the ugly leaves, but every day she is still here. So who are the people in your neighborhood? I sit out there and work and look once in a while and yup still there. The birds don't disturb her a bit..

Don't want to evict her since she has obviously made such a good and safe home of it.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier

The mama Mantis was gone this morning so that ugly sunflower is now up in the tree being gobbled up and soon it will be compost bound. yay. I hope to see her children next year.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier

I was trying to get the right angle so I could show my grandchildren the crazy wings but I couldn't get the right angle. So I asked little butterfly if he didn't' mind being a model. Not a problem was his answer. My granddaughter is 3. She tries to get butterflies to step up on her finger now.

vid

Last edited:

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I don't want this to end, winter is just too long.
THe last until frost.

I have dropped my camera and used it until I wore it out. I hope to have secured another by spring. I am going to send this one to the camera hospital.

Last edited:

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
lavender lady lay your eggs. Any place you please. Please.

AT dawn this morning. That yellow mum is a monster. I dug it up, cut it into 6 parts, stuck it here and there and somehow it managed to be even bigger yet, each part, than it was before. At least it is away from the sidewalk and front door ways. Never ever plant a yellow mum there, they draw a great deal of flies as well as bees.

I want more grasses. I would love to do an wide area all in grasses. I will find a way next spring to bring in some more.

If wishes were horses some flag stones would make a lovely path.

lions in the sky for Vic's and my morning walk.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.