Malinois Pictures

Toller_08

I love this thread!

I've been infatuated with all Belgians for so many years now and I love that Chaz has so many so that I don't have to crave my own! I never can decide if I'd actually enjoy living with one or not or if I'll always just admire from afar. And with my luck, I'd probably end up with a Backup haha. Not that I don't love him, he's hilarious, but not in my house LOL.

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
No one wants to live with him, not even his shadow.

Honestly he's a hard dog but he's really not spectacularly abnormal for the breed.

We were laughing the other day after something he did, probably running into a wall while growling and posturing at nothing or something, and we said we should start renting him out as a cautionary tale. lol

Aleron

Well here's Savvy and a scruffy Belgian...it was hard to get them to be still together LOL

Savvy with two varieties of Belgian supervising me at work

And on a walk

Brothers from another mother

Aleron

Get that pyr out of this thread!!

Hehehe how big is he? I thought they were much smaller? He's really a cutie!
LOL I told him... "No this is for Mals only!" and he was like "Know what makes a Mal better? A PyrShep!".

He is a big PyrShep but the Belgians he is with are small Belgians too. He's about 18" (hopefully AKC agrees LOL) and 30ish lbs. He isn't the biggest PyrShep around but he's at the top of the standard for a RF. He is a bit heavier boned than most though. The Belgians here are all around 22" probably, maybe a bit less? Roust was a huge puppy but...didn't grow up to be very big and he wasn't full grown in these pix.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Yay Savvy! He's a Bigshep. The biggest one ive seen was a rough face and he jumped 20 or 22 inches? Can't remember. Then you have teeny ones like La.

Lol thread derail. <3 Savvy

Aleron

Well Belgians and PyrSheps do seem to be a pretty common combo!

PyrSheps: For when Belgians just aren't quite crazy enough ;)

stafinois

Professional Nerd
A few more. Here is Harry, who hated all children except for my own.

This is not the face of a dog who just tolerated hugs from his girl. He loved her.

And a video of Harry. He was just a pup in this video. It was taken at a Philippe Belloni seminar.

[YOUTUBE]http://youtu.be/fmIAn7G3ZNw[/YOUTUBE]

http://youtu.be/fmIAn7G3ZNw

stafinois

Professional Nerd
I love Herdy stories, he sounds like the closest to B in many ways but smarter, much smarter, like Sloan. lol

His story really helps me relax if I ever have kids with B around.
Herdy was pretty much everything we say to warn people away from the breed. But, he loved me and his girl. The husband? Not so much...

jenv101

Bite Club
I love his and syd's story too. I really hope Riley and clarissa have the same kind of relationship. He hates all other children as well but loves her already :) I always had a dog best friend growing up and I really want that for her too.

Torch

I fell in love with Mals caring for one named Max. His owner, Rob, adopted him after he washed out of some detection program of one sort or another. Rob was a firefighter and worked crazy hours, but was dedicated to Max. I worked at the community where they lived and would let Max out several times a day during Rob's 24 hour shifts (Max went to the firehouse at night on those instances).

Max was a nutjob but pretty typical of the breed. It took him quite some time to warm up to me, but I was able to handle him and interact from day one. After a little while he was putty in my hands. A really sweet dog, in his own crazy kind of way. He used to come in the office and try to get in my lap while I was sitting in my office chair. And he enjoyed a good cuddle when he was well and truly tired.

I used to play with him on my lunch breaks almost every day and he was a blast. It was an amazing stress reliever; he always kept me laughing with his antics. We had a golf cart for touring the property and I would snag that to run him. He often rode in it on property business with me and was our unofficial mascot.

I'll have one of my own one day!

Members online