Charlotte ate a lizard ;_;

Shakou

It was a seriously pretty one too. I can't say I'm surprised. I'm always rescuing lizards and various birds and rodents that she flushes out of the bushes. She's quite the hunter, and I've always known it was just a matter of time before she killed something. I shouldn't feel bad, but I do.

Anyone else ever experience their dogs slaughtering a small animal?

GoingNowhere

Boo catches squirrels, kills them, and brings them to the back door with a huge goofy grin on her face to await the lavish praise that she obviously deserves for warding off scary intruders. Knock on wood, but it's been about a year since she caught her last one... which brilliantly also happened to coincide with my birthday :rolleyes: But she's caught a good 5 or 6 in the time that we've had her. It's unfortunate really - I do like the squirrels... sadly the dog is quick and the squirrels don't always get the hint when we rattle the door before letting the dog out.

k9krazee

Last week or so he killed a baby bunny, which I felt really bad about. There are bunnies everywhere, and I searched for a nest in our yard but I haven't seen one or any sign of one since.

LAST NIGHT K & I were sitting on the couch, watching TV...Crossbone had gone out through his dog door (it was raining, so I assumed he went out to potty) and some time goes by. Next thing I know he's running full speed in the house, comes right to our feet and drops something. Sometimes during the evening he will bring in various sticks or toys from outside, but last night he brought us a DEAD MOLE! I shrieked, yelled at Ken, Crossbone thought I was yelling at him, and sat there staring at us, ears down. I'm waving my arms and Ken FINALLY realized it was a mole, stood up..... and threw a party! He got Crossbone like 17 treats and told him how proud he was and that we'd go to the butcher tomorrow (today) and get him a big ol bone.

So, yes, he is becoming the little hunter. Can't wait to see what lands at my feet next :eek:

My parent's JRTs were always killing small animals - mostly opossums, squirrels, mice and chipmunks.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Noooooo. Bodhi nearly caught a squirrel once, but that's it. She's not too fussed.

Fred is interested in birds (unsurprisingly), but had no opportunity to see how he reacts to them off lead etc.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Mira has flushed and taken down birds -- a killdeer and a quail. And once, a toad :(

Kim has taken out cottontails, mice, and voles.

Webster has taken out mice and voles.

And in a rather memorable series of events, MacNut took out a mouse in the house while she was was here: http://www.chazhound.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187800

While Peco enjoyed hunting things, cornering them and then terrorizing them until Dad came with a gun, he did feel that actually KILLING them was beneath him.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
No my dog just chooses to try to make friends with creatures she finds.

She found a opposum in our backyard once. She played bitey face with it while it hid under the deck stairs.

If Happy's 5 senses were fully functional I totally could see her being a killer.

Members online

No members online now.