Question: "Back on Track" Products

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Wondering...has any one here had experience with "Back on Track" products? Either the canine, equine, or human product lines?

If so...what did you think? Or what did people you know that use them think? Any difference (positive, negative or indifferent)?

elegy

overdogged
I bought Steve a coat and it is enormous on him and looks kind of ridiculous, but I am hoping that it does help to keep his muscles warm between runs at agility class. So many knowledgeable, experienced people on my Facebook friends list had good things to say about them, so I ponied up the cash.

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
I use the ankle brace for work when I'm standing a lot and I find it helps a ton. When I don't wear it my ankle swells a ton and in the morning I'll often not be able to bear weight on it.

Izzie wears the mesh rug too and I find it really helps her too. She rests very well in it, often will fall asleep shortly after I put it on her.

BostonBanker

I've owned a few of their horse products (the back pad initially, followed by the full sheet, a set of polos, and a set of standing bandages).

The back pad I was never able to really use - it's an awkward size and shape and even after I had a blanket modified to fit it...it wasn't helpful. I wound up getting the sheet for Tristan. I never noticed a huge difference with it, but he's a horse with such a multitude of health issues, none of which have ever been muscular or even really joint related, so I'm not sure I would have.

The standing bandages I got when he was recovering from a pulled suspensory, and he ate them in less than 10 minutes. I managed to not kill him.

I do know that the amazing massage/body work guy who works on the horses in the barn was really impressed by the products despite a lot of initial skepticism. He's somebody I'd absolutely trust in such matters. Quite a few of the horses in the barn practically live in their BoT sheets and the rider swears it helps them - she's also sponsored by them, so has reason to say that ;)

A friend of mine who has a lot of arthritis in her hands has the gloves and sleeps in them. She swears by them. If she takes them off during the night and doesn't put them back on, she says she can't make a fist in the morning. Wearing the gloves overnight, she can.

I see a lot of them at agility trials, and people again claim to notice a difference in their dogs.

My take on them is that I'd absolutely get one of the sheets for my dogs if they were having any muscle or joint issues. It is non-invasive, and certainly isn't going to hurt.

Sit Stay

Not a Border Collie
I work at a tack store that carries a large selection of their horse and human products. They are very big sellers. I have the no bows and hock boots for my horses and have noticed a big change. My arthritic mare moves better after wearing her hock boots and I notice she stocks up less overnight with them on. Hock boots can be tricky as it is such a difficult area to wrap or boot but I've never had them slip or twist even overnight. I have the front leg wraps for Quinn and they are very well made and stable too.

I know people who have had great success with the products. I have a coworker with a very bad ankle injury (has been putting off surgery for years) and she loves her ankle brace. My horses massage therapist (who is a human RMT by trade) says she wouldn't have a job if she didn't have her wrist braces.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Thanks guys, I really appreciate the feedback.

I have a couple friends that use them for their agility dogs, both to help recover from injuries and as preventatives, and they swear by the coats as well. If nothing else the dogs seem very relaxed in them and warm up/stretch more readily prior to their runs. I have jackets the dogs wear before/between runs if the facility is cool or chilly but I'm really considering getting the mesh BoT coats for them so they have something light yet breatheable to wear. I'm not sure I totally buy the company's claims as to how the jackets work, but a breatheable jacket keeping the pups uniformly warm between runs would be nice.

Mira's been able to try one on but the others haven't (Kim because she wasn't with me, Webby because there wasn't one in anything close to his size...they were all BC-sized). They are awfully pricey so it's especially nice to get more information...thank you all!

Members online

No members online now.