A Working Dog Brag

Keechak

Aussie Obssessed
Here is an illustration of the track Hawkeye did today at SAR training. It's estimated to be around a mile long. And he was fantastic, I am just so ecstatic about how well he worked, he also found the one article that the victim dropped. This is the longest track he's ever done. It was a semi blind track too, meaning I didn't know exactly where it went so I couldn't subconsciously help him but every several hundred feet the victim left a tiny piece of blaze orange tape around a tree branch to let me know we were still on the trail. I even got a bit lost since I didn't have a map of the area and I had to just trust my dog, and he didn't steer me wrong!

Cali Mae

Little dog, big voice
I'm not into tracking, but that sounds incredibly impressive! Huge congrats! Hawkeye seems to be such a talented dog, and it's clear that you do so much work with him, and your other Aussies. :)

Keechak

Aussie Obssessed
I'm not into tracking, but that sounds incredibly impressive! Huge congrats! Hawkeye seems to be such a talented dog, and it's clear that you do so much work with him, and your other Aussies. :)
I can't have ever dreamed for a better dog than him, he's my go to boy and is always eager to train and work.

SpringerLover

That is awesome! I have a friend who does SAR and we got together to work our dogs a couple times. Coda's an air scenting dog (or something like that... so he works without a line) it was pretty darn cool to watch him work my scent when he got close enough. My only experience with tracking is sport tracking.

Way to go Hawk!

Keechak

Aussie Obssessed
That is awesome! I have a friend who does SAR and we got together to work our dogs a couple times. Coda's an air scenting dog (or something like that... so he works without a line) it was pretty darn cool to watch him work my scent when he got close enough. My only experience with tracking is sport tracking.

Way to go Hawk!
SAR trailing training really hasn't been any different than it was training for his TD titles.

Members online

No members online now.