Matisse's 1st birthday!

Doberluv

Happy 1st Birthday Matisse! (Valcopy Matisse L' Éclair)

So, Thursday was Maurice's b-day and today is Matisse's b day...can't leave him out. (sorry to bombard you)

The time has gone by so fast since I got this fella. When I visited the puppies the first time when they were 5 weeks old, I kind of knew this white boy would be the one. (little did I know then that there'd be two) They were all outgoing and interested, but this one was very pouncy and the most rambunctious. He's been such a busy body, so interested and curious in everything. This guy didn't slow down until just now. He's finally showing signs of mellowing.

But he's been a joy because he lives life to the fullest, grabs at every wonderful thing life has to offer with both paws. He's a whirlwind and he's also an affectionate, responsive and adorable little Mama's boy. He follows me everywhere, wants to see what I'm doing, wants to help. lol. He's very interested in learning new things...very quick on the uptake. He seems brighter than Maurice but it's hard to say...they're so different and very young still.

He's becoming a grown-up and doing things a little more deliberately, with just a touch of caution. (unlike Maurice)

In 7 short months, he became a champion of record....something I didn't even think of doing with him when I first got him. We're working toward his GCH.

His great enthusiasm of life shows in every step he takes. I love the temperament of Matisse and Maurice...both very different from each other in terms of mellowness. (both have different parents) But both loving and so full of life. I guess that's what makes them so endearing.

Matisse at the breeders before I got my puppies:

His first day home:

One of his favorite games, which thankfully, he's out grown.

At one of his early shows:

Cool, cool customer:

Typical goof:

Doberluv

Thank you Barb. He is a pretty boy, isn't he. He's just been a love. He's one of the most active puppies I've ever had and has given me a run for my money...just full of it...so busy, so curious, just interested in everything. He's finally just now starting to show signs of mellowing a bit. He's 180 degrees opposite of Maurice. Fun to have two types though. There are plusses to this though...it makes him do everything with great gusto...kind of reminds me of Lyric. He was very active as a pup. But so interested in learning things. (if you can get some focus. lol) But he's kept me probably more busy than I care to be. I think he's going to maintain that spirit but hopefully mellow out a tad too. But anyhow, I never dreamed in a million years that I'd have Poodles. But here they are. And they really are a joy...very smart and interesting.

Thank you for such nice b day wishes.;)

Doberluv

happy birthday!!! He looks so cute in his ponytails rock on little guy!
Thank you Fran. I think the pony tails are terrible but alas...it's one of those things he must endure to maintain his beautiful show coat. Now he knows what we girls go through to be beautiful. lol. This Thurs, now that he's a year old, he'll be getting clipped into a big boy hair cut....a Continental clip....no more puppy show coat. :cry:If he doesn't wear pony tails, he can't see and Maurice really goes after his hair when they play and it just gets more tangles. When he gets his grand champion, I'm going to get out the sheep shearing tools. lol. It's really a lot of work to maintain these show clips with lots of hair. Maurice, I take down short and it's easy peezy.

Thanks for the b-day wishes. I know he feels older. He lies down more when it's not even nap time. (I hope he's not sick or something)

Members online

No members online now.