freak accident left me with broken wrist

gilles

bad day for me. i took Volka (8 months CAO) to the park for some obedience practice and i had him on a long 10m leash to practice the "Come" command ...we did it few time after his 30 minutes walk. then as i was drinking from a plastic bottle , Volka wanted to play fetch ...so i threw the bottle about 6 m away holding in my hand the end of the long leash. i did not pay attention that the leash was wrapped around my ankle as Volka rushed with all his 125+ lbs forward towards the bottle...yanking my feet straight in the air as i fall on my back ....i fell backwards landing on my left hand .bending it backwards with all my weight. it was so quick i did not expect it and did not have time to adjust my fall ...bang! i was on the floor he dragged me a couple of feet before he stopped. the pain was so freaking intense that i was screaming..and felt nauseated...nobody was around...i felt nauseated and broke into cold sweat...Volka came and sat next to me as i was moaning. after about 15 mns i went back to the car and drove home. then to the hospital....result a broken wrist and probably some stretched or torn ligaments but luckily it is a hairline fracture and the scaphoid bone is ok. i had also few scratches. 4 weeks out of the gym....pretty bad for a dedicated weightlifter! learned my lesson

the scaphoid is ok, or it just has a hairline break? That can be a tricky bone to heal at times.

I threw a frisbee once for a dog of mine that had a dragline on, same thing happened to me, minus the broken wrist. Instead i lost what little flesh i had on my ankles.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Oh man... OUCH.

I remember one time my old dog, Teddy, hooked my ankle with his line as he was running full speed and pulled my one foot straight out in front and I went right down into a full split. I don't know how I got up and walked away from that one LOL but it took MONTHS for my hamstring to heal. so painful lol

I hope you heal up as quickly as possible

gilles

the scaphoid is ok, or it just has a hairline break? That can be a tricky bone to heal at times.

I threw a frisbee once for a dog of mine that had a dragline on, same thing happened to me, minus the broken wrist. Instead i lost what little flesh i had on my ankles.
the scaphoid has no breaks, i have a hairline fracture along the tip of the bone ( i think the radius) just below the scaphoid

thanks everybody , the pain is fading but my hand still swollen like a football, hard to handle volka with one hand

Members online

No members online now.