Meet Linus!

Paviche

Duuuuude.
My coworker pulled a little dog (Chihuahua mix?) from a shelter with the intent of fostering him. He has a moderate heart murmur, and her (much larger) dog was picking on him, so he needed a new place to stay. I offered to provide a temporary home so that he has a roof over his head.

My mom has been thinking about getting a little dog of her own, and unsurprisingly, she's falling for him. ;) His limitations due to his condition work fine with what she wants. He can take walks and play around the house, but nothing more demanding - no hiking, no dog park, etc. She wants a laid back little house companion. It's not 100% that he's staying yet, but it's definitely an option.

Riff loves him. He thinks that Linus is great, but he's also super polite and respectful of him. Rowan is NOT happy that there's another dog here, lol, but he loves little dogs so I think he'll come around eventually.

Linus is the goofiest looking dog. His ears go every which way - sometimes they stand up, sometimes they both flop, sometimes one flops and sometimes the other flops. Sometimes they just stick out sideways. He has an underbite, his lower lip always sticks out, and he has a slightly crooked nose. His body is just long enough to look awkward for his frame. He wants nothing more than to sleep on people's laps. He's great.

JazzyTheSibe

Love is 4 legged word
He's unique looking, & adorable. Hopefully everything will work out for your mom,& the dog.

Barb04

Super Moderator
I think all the odd things about Linus just make him even more special; I hope your mom decides he's a keeper.

Paviche

Duuuuude.
Linus is fitting in so well. He's getting bolder every day, too! I'm really impressed with his temperament. For being almost completely unsocialized, he's very bold. He startles very easily at loud/sudden noises, but then he immediately goes to check them out instead of remaining scared. He's unphased by the bigger dogs walking around him and continues to play a bit with Riff, which basically consists of Riff play bowing, Linus bopping him on the nose with his paw, and then Riff getting excited and running laps around the house. It's hilarious.

He really liked the snow yesterday. He went out and bunny hopped through it, and tried to snap at and catch any pieces that he kicked up. It was way too cold for him to stay out for more than a minute or two, though. Who decided that naked dogs were a good idea?! :lol-sign: I've never had a smooth haired dog before and he's just so fragile as far as temperature goes. Part of why we settled on the name Linus is because he looooves the blanket I gave him to snuggle into and keep warm. :)

I weighed him today using the super scientific "hold dog and get on scale" method, and he's right around 10 lbs. He's a little dude, but not *too* teeny tiny.

Oh, and he saw a mirror for the first time ever the other night. He was fascinated, and he tried to play with the mirror dog, lol. He was play bowing and rolling around.

His neck goes on forever.

Fitting right in.

Members online

No members online now.