Favorite warm weather things

Summer is just around the corner and the weather is finally starting to get nice. I'm really excited to have a dog to go out and dog stuff with and take places.

What are your favorite warm weather things?

Hudson just got a baby pool to play in because it was HOT this weekend. A co-worker gifted us one of those water bottle things with the plastic tray for drinking water
- Like so - http://www.amazon.com/Guardian-Plastic-Handi-Drink-Regular-17-Ounce/dp/B000Y906GK/ref=sr_1_225?s=pet-supplies&ie=UTF8&qid=1367860262&sr=1-225&keywords=portable

I really want to get him bubbles. He loved trying to bite the splashing water from the pool, so I think he would LOVE bubbles.

What are you favorite warm weather things?

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Definitely the baby pool pool for Pay, he loves splashing in it. Auggie last year had that a-ha moment where he realized the pool was nice and cool when it was hot. Hopefully he will remember this year haha. I'm not sure about Pepper, I don't think she is going to like the pool.
Then of course I have my larger pool that they all swim in. Again, Payton likes it, Auggie is less thrilled by it but he does enjoy cooling down (then he wants to get out immediately.) I have yet to decide where I'm going to set it up at my house. I have a car port on the back of my garage over a patch of asphalt, but the sun doesn't come in there so it won't get warm. I think I'm going to set it up in the front part of my yard.
Let's all cross our fingers for Pepper thinking water is THE BEST THING EVER and she can be an AMAAAAAZING Dock Dogs star hahahahaha. (oh God it will never happen.)

Payton LOVES playing in the sprinkler too. Auggie doesn't. XD

Auggie loves bubbles, but he tends to land on his back legs when he jumps for them in a way I do not want my old man to be landing, so whenever we play with bubbles we have to play low to the ground. Payton doesn't know what to make of them - he runs after them and chomps one and looks offended, hahaha. And Georgie just wants to chase Payton and Auggie rather than the bubbles LOL. Predict that Pepper will be terrified by bubbles!

Oko

Silence, peasants.
Well, Wesley melts into a puddle when it gets over 75 degrees. He perks up around water, but he basically takes a break from existing in the summer. :rofl1:

ETA, with that being said, he really loves going to the beach. It's only open to dogs for 2 more weeks though and then we're out of luck. :(

Last edited:

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Sitting/reading on the grass at the park while Merlin plays, I love just spend lazy afternoons together.

If we can find a dog friendly one.. THE BEACH!

Oh and of course, Merlin's favorite, ice cream!

HayleyMarie

Like a bat outa' hell
We are like a 5 minute walk to the beach, so we go there a lot and Teagan swims around in it. We also go to one of the lakes pretty much every weekend so Teagan spends a lot of her time swimming.

I plan on getting one of those little kiddie pools here soon.

Kootenay

I have a pond just for the dogs in the front yard, it used to be a hole for a trampoline, but I figured it was put to much better use as a dog pond. Yarrow loves it, Jasper wouldn't go in it for the world. But Yarrow is the one who waaay overheats in the summer!

And then we pretty much go to the beach every day in good weather, too. There are a few around (closest is about a 5 min walk or less) and all of them are at least moderately dog-friendly (as long as your dog is relatively well behaved). So that's pretty much where we spend our afternoons!

SaraB

The beach!! There's a small public beach 2 miles from our house, we go there as often as we can.

Kiddie pools! The girls LOVE their's and we keep it up and with fresh water in it all summer.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
We spend summer wishing it was winter. It gets hot here. And my kiddie pool sprung a leak.

PlottMom

The Littlest Hound
Hiking & running... I love dog beach! Basically taking advantage of longer daylight. Oh, and daisy likes to go for froyo ;)

Paige

Let it be
Bandit and i both prefer cold weather but we do a lot of trail walking (because its shady) and the beach is always a hit.

JacksonsMom

Once it gets over 85 and it's humid, Jackson pretty much melts into a puddle at the thought of doing much.

However, POOL. Thank doG for my dads inground pool at his house, it's a lifesaver. We try to get over there as much as possible, and even though it's a farther drive for me to get to work in the AM, we often sleep there during the week because it's so much easier with him (fenced in yard, other dogs for him to play with, etc) and swimming daily is such a great way to wear his butt out.

So basically anywhere that I know there is going to be somewhere for him to take a dip, he's happy. WATER is our favorite 'warm weather thing'.

His lifejacket is used extremely often in the summer. Water toys (ChuckIt stuff is his fav, bumper specifically). Going to the beach. Finding trails that are often near woods, etc, so it's shaded.

I do love that it stays lighter longer. It leaves many more options!

Toller_08

Walking through my favourite park. Only trouble is that it's rather prickly as there are a lot of wild roses. But there's a creek and tons of trees and it's kept completely natural except for the trails and is beautiful. Easy to keep cool with all the shade and the creek for swimming.

Sitting in the backyard, reading a book, and just hanging out. If it's really hot the dogs don't want to do anything anyway and are happy to just hang out with me.

Playing in the kiddie pool. But we need a new one. Hopefully I'll be able to find one this year (they've been hard to find the last couple years).

I do wish we had a dog beach/dog friendly lake around here. Taking Dance swimming in BC last year was awesome and something I wish I could do here, but we don't really have beaches (just man made and definitely not dog friendly).

I don't really know what else. I just enjoy being outside with the dogs in the summer doing whatever.

Kootenay

Yesterday we discovered a new way to keep Yarrow entertained in the heat....

[YOUTUBE]4GcF_ElnCS4[/YOUTUBE]

I pretty much spend it biking to water. I don't think I have many/any hot water things except for all my water toys, tennis balls, wubbas ect.

I also tend to be more on top of freezing chews in the summer because I love sitting outside with the dogs and they are way more happy when they are chomping on something.

Also: YAY SUMMER

Yesterday we discovered a new way to keep Yarrow entertained in the heat....

[YOUTUBE]4GcF_ElnCS4[/YOUTUBE]
How is he so cute? Love him!

Swimming! But it must be a larger body of water. My dogs don't do kiddie pools for some reason. Must be too similar to the bath tub. XP

MicksMom

Caleb loves playing in his kiddie pool and with the hose. Sometimes we take him swimming at the resevior, or the river along our favorite hiking trails. If it's not too hot, he & I also hike those trails.

Members online

No members online now.